Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cssndr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 05:25 PM
    Wisdomteeth removed and a stitch feel out.. but its from my cheek not my tooth
    I got my 4 wisdomteeth out exactly a week tomorrow. The holes are on the side of my cheeks.. not like the back of the mouth where teeth are... Anyway, I haven't been in pain since like the second day, so I started to try and eat again which I think is what caused my stich to break on the right side of my cheek... the left side however is fine and still stitched up. There is now a pretty big hole on the side of my cheek, it kind of hurts again, and it's really gross but I'm more scared it won't heal right like the left side. PLEASE HELP!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2011, 05:42 PM

What does the dentist or oral surgeon say about this?

Were they self dissolving stitches?

Call the dentist/oral surgeon and ask.

Feb 15, 2011, 05:44 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Yah there self dissolving, but it feel out because I took it out of my mouth since I didn't know what it was.. ewww. Its gross.
    katiekatlyn Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2011, 05:46 PM
    Yes you should call the oral surgeon and ask. You may need antibiotics if the wound gets infected.

Feb 15, 2011, 05:52 PM
    Comment on katiekatlyn's post
    If I already have ibuprofen and tylenol 3 would that be like the antiibotics I would need
    katiekatlyn Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2011, 10:16 AM
    No, those are for pain and the ibuprofen can help with swelling. Where you instructed to rinse the area with a salt solution?
    I still suggest you call, they won't mind, and can answer your question on the phone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hole behind my bottom back left tooth halfway between the gum and cheek [ 2 Answers ]

I have a hole maybe one millimeter in diamater It goes down quite far I can't see all the way in But it is clean inside Its just a hollow area But it looks like a fresh wound I just ate a snickers and I felt some pain So I looked in the mirror It looks like a worm burrowed down into my...

Can cracked / abcessed tooth cause you to feel ill.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, OK, here's my question, I haven't felt great for a few months now, and coincidently, I wonder if it coincides with a tooth that as been playing up on and off for about the same time... quessiness, hot but not with temperature, bad taste in mouth, feeling of being run-down, I have a...

Stitch when walking [ 3 Answers ]

I keep getting a stitch whenever I walk I'm not speed walking as I sometimes do. But just walking normal pace and I get a stitch it doesent go away when I try breathing harder, I'm not unfit or overweight either. Do you know what could it be and if it is just a stitch, why? And when will it go...

How do I manage dental/cheek pain caused by tooth extraction? [ 4 Answers ]

I saw a dentist named >Name Removed< because she had a dental plan. This was okay for simple things, teeth cleaning (okay but not thorough.) But when I needed a root canal, she did it herself, digging into the tooth though it had an infection until she couldn't see what was what, then announced...

View more questions Search