Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andreal99 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 05:39 PM
    How Do I Find My Family?
    Hello Everone,

I Was Wondering, I Am Trying To Put Together A Family Tree Online, But On One Side Of My Family It Seems I Cannot Go Any Further Than My Great Grandparents. I Know The Last Name Of My Great Grandfather But I Do Not Know Who His Parents Were And From Where They Came From, Any Suggestions? Maybe His Birth Certificate, But Where Do I Get That?
    GeneGenie Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Jan 18, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Where to go when you're at the "brick wall" depends on what you know about that person.

If you'll point me to him in your online tree, I'll offer some suggestions for where to look next.

Also, be sure to see info here for some suggestions.

Do you have any subscriptions to paid sites? If not, I'll keep the suggestions to free ones.
    ... and throw in a record or two for you from one of my subscriptions ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

Family Law [ 3 Answers ]

What is the child support guidelines in North Carolina if the custodial parent lives in New York with the child (18 y/o in college) and the non-custodial parent resides in North Carolina?

Family movies [ 6 Answers ]

I am interested in family movie recommendations, or favorite family movies, that are "safe" for young children (mine are 4 and 6) Also ones that you DON'T recommend. Since I've hurt my back I've seen quite a few with my kids. The latest one we saw was a miniseries called Dinotopia. The kids loved...

Help with family [ 3 Answers ]

Dear, I need help on a situation that, I guess can be described as somewhat abusive. My 20-year-old sister "Kim" has turned into a burden that I don't think I can handle, nor do I want to. I feel like my family is being torn apart an I am being torn up inside. "Kim" is the middle child in...

View more questions Search