Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katie614 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 01:35 PM
    Swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, nausea, and fatigue
    I have had swollen cervical(neck), superclavical(neck), inguinal(groin), and axillary(armpits) lymph nodes for approximately 3-4 weeks now. They are also accompanied with a sore throat, headache, occasional nausea and fatigue. Strep test is negative, and no response to Zithromax. I am also diabetic and my sugar has been running higher despite anything I do to help bring it down for the past few days. I was diagnosed with Mono about 8 months ago. Can it reoccur? And what else could be causing this? Please help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2011, 01:38 PM

This is nothing to diagnose on the Internet. What does your Doctor say?

Your diabetes certainly complicates things.

Feb 15, 2011, 01:46 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    My endocrinologist and nutritionist wanted me to see my primary doctor, but I'm unable to get an appointment with her until April/May.. Soo they suggested that I came down to see them again. They've put me on another round of antibiotics so if I respond to those my assumption would be its not Mono its an infection. But with the pain I'm having in my neck and the weakness and fatigue they are leaning towards mono again. I guess I didn't realize you could get it more than once?
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2011, 02:02 PM

Maybe it never went away the first time.

My late husband was diabetic and I was always extremely aggravated when he couldn't get in to see his primary and the primary KNEW his health history.

I'd see the endocrinologist -

Feb 17, 2011, 08:21 PM
    Thank you for all your help. I am now leaning more towards the mono myself as I keep developing more and more swollen lymph nodes. I now have more in my armpits and now my left breast. All are still somewhat painful. My energy level is decreasing greatly and I'm finding myself tired all the time and everything just hurts. They have put me on another round of antibiotics to get me through and possible some relief until visiting my endocrinologist next week.
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 08:11 AM

Good and VERY good that you are aware of your own body, changes, pains, problems. A lot of people are not.

Let us know what the Doctor says.

Feb 18, 2011, 11:10 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Will do. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lymph nodes swollen [ 3 Answers ]

I hope somebody can help my brother has been bother for a number of years with his lymph nodes being swollen in his neck once they were large enough to see without palpating them now you can palpate and feel them also he has chronic back pain never has he been injured in any way he says he tired...

Swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, nausea, and fatigue [ 0 Answers ]

I have had swollen cervical, superclavical, inguinal, and axillary lymph nodes for approximately 3-4 weeks now. They are also accompanied with a sore throat, headache, occasional nausea and fatigue. Strep test is negative, and no response to Zithromax. I am also diabetic and my sugar has been...

Swollen lymph nodes in neck because of thrush [ 1 Answers ]

Dose thursh cause lyphnodes to swell

Swollen lymph nodes by the ear [ 4 Answers ]

The Lymph nodes that are located slightly below the ear are swollen most of the time. Doctors don't seem to be concerned. Any ideas? I have allergies to ragweed and tree pollen and am on ongoing immunotherapy. I also have Asthma.

View more questions Search