Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caregiver1955 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 11:01 PM
    Caregiver
    This is a riddle to me... could you help me sort it out?
    Man with serious health problems on disability at time of affair fathered child.
    He signed paternity acknowledgement papers. Child will be 20 (twenty) next month.
    She has drawn against his social security for 18 years - just shy of $80,000.
    He last saw her Christmas day when she was 9. He and the grandmother had gone to
    See her. The mother took the child amd left. They waited 3 hours and left.
    He has sent Christmas and birthday cards and generous gifts every year. The last one
    Was never cashed. He has tried many times to speak with her on the phone. He has
    Been denied ALL contact by the mother.
    He has never been given a single school picture. She played basketball in 7th grade,
    But he did't know till later-he would have gone (he was an athlete). To go to her high
    School graduation he called the school and 3 of us went. She never saw us.
    He sent a card and a check and told her we had been there.
    When the check was not presented for payment - I called to see if she got it and if
    She would cash it so he could balance the checkbook.
    She hung up on me twice. She said she had a daddy and it was not him. Said he
    Could have involved in her life, but chose not to be.
    He called the mother and ask for the social security number so he ciuld set up an
    Account for her. She said, Who is this? I don't have to talk to you. Click.
    The child was working at a store near her home. I think it was less than 40 hrs per week.
    He doesn't know how long, but she is not there any more. We don't know if she still lives
    With het mother. We don't know if she has a job. Her school records use his ladt name.
    Her work record uses a different name.
    NOW he has been served notice that DHS wants him to pay child support. They have set
    A court date. He filed bankruptcy less than a year ago due to extreme medical expenses.
    His health is very fragile. He is in a wheelchair. He requires 24 hr care. He can not live
    Alone. There is no money for the bills or to hire a helper. He has no money to hire an
    Attorney.
    What is he looking at?
    What should he do?
    caregiver1955 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 11:09 PM
    There is no child support order.
    Out of wedlock child is nearly 20.
    She has drawn 18 yra ss from disabled father. Almost 80,000.
    He has been refused,any contact with her.
    Now they re taking him to court in Harrison County Mssissippi for child support.
    He is seriously ill.
    Is this even legal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fired caregiver [ 2 Answers ]

My mother recently fired a caregiver who was employee to take care of my grandmother ( she has Alzheimer ). The care giver has been increasingly verbally abusive not to my grandmother but my mother. One day when I was over I overheard her yelling at my mother for something and I had to intervene (...

Caregiver compensation [ 7 Answers ]

Since 2000 I have overseen my elderly mother's care. She is completely dependent on me. Have moved her more than once a year as she declined, bring her to my home a full day each week, take care of all dr appts etc, do finances. My sis, who lives in another state does not contribute or visit. In...

Caregiver in a will [ 2 Answers ]

My aunt had taken care of my grandmother from July 06 till jan 09,she worked full time the 1st yr,and also babysat her grand daughter the last 6 months. I am in Ontario canada. She and my brother are both executors to the will. She wants to make a claim against the will and knows she must step...

Is there compensation for a caregiver? [ 5 Answers ]

My elderly and disabled mother is moving in with my family, am I eligible for any compensation from the city, state, or government for her care? I live in Milwaukee, WI and I do not know where to start looking for information. I tried the social services website, but got nothing. If anyone has...

Caregiver forms [ 1 Answers ]

My child is not living with me at the moment. She is living with my aunt. Iam going through some rough times at the moment and do not want her to go through it as well. This stay is temporary, and She is supposed to start school this week but cannot because my aunts district school is not accepting...

View more questions Search