Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    creyes6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 09:48 PM
    Fellowships Abroad and Taxes
    I am starting a fellowship position in Germany this August and was wondering how to go about reporting my stipend for tax purposes. The fellowship is issued by a German organization. They told me I will be on a tourist visa that will be extended for the during of a year while I am studying and doing research there so I will not have a work visa.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on sending money abroad [ 4 Answers ]

One of my family members abroad needs some short term liquidity. We're thinking I send money over, which they would give back in a few months and within a year. Do I have to charge interest on this even though it is so short (3-6 months)? Would I have to pay any sort of taxes if there is no...

Taxes while working Abroad [ 7 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I am currently on OPT status and will end at the end of January 2008. Upon that completion, my company will be sending me on a one year oversea assignment. I will be back after a year or maybe even shorter (i.e. sometime end of 2008) under H-1 or L-1 visa. As I will...

Taxes on Inheritance from abroad? [ 1 Answers ]

My father passed away and the house where he lived was sold. My brother and I both are expecting to get around $20K. Do you know if we have to claim this income for tax purposes? Or since the amount was already taxed in the country where the property was sold, there is no need to claim in on my...

Income Taxes from an Internship Abroad [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, as part of my master's program, I did an internship program in Switzerland. The money I earned was strictly for living expenses, relocation, etc. I was taxed on the income in Switzerland. How do I claim this income in the US without being double taxed? Also, the University made it clear...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.