Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarashakez Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 07:09 PM
    How to be pretty.. with and without make-up
    So I think I'm ugly and I want to know how to look pretty with and without make up and I have pimples... and I wear a uniform
    fwety Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 12:08 AM
    My best advice is to see this as two separate issues.

1) You'd like to deal with your pimples.
    Most of the supermarket solutions are reasonably successful, and can be more effective by washing your face in the evening (if you're a morning shower person) and sleeping with a clean pillowcase. If you have particularly bad acne, a dermatologist would be able to render more helpful judgment.

2) You'd like to look prettier.
    Well, what do you see as attractive? Many social groups have their own standard of pretty (pretty for a high-school goth is not the same as pretty for a 43 year old businessman). I'd suggest choosing three things that stick out the most as what you see as pretty. Take the most achievable, and spend an afternoon doing that. If it's frat-boy double polos, go buy polos. If it's business suits, find some suit separates that you can wear with your existing clothing (vests and/or slacks with other clothing can combine well for the dressy-casual look).
    If you have a sense of what you want, get it. If not, this is a good time to eat the cost and go to a more boutique-y store and ask for advice.
    If it's not clothing, that's fine too. Love faux-hawks? Visit the barber.

Accept that (a) you're pretty as you are, and (b) whatever change you made makes you even better. If you are happier, stop. If not, go to the next item on the list and do that. Just remember that if you use this advice to look like anyone from Jersey Shore, angels will cry.
    robinad Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Feb 22, 2011, 12:06 AM
    One important key is good skin care. Find a brand of face wash that works good with your skin. I suggest clean and clear if you're a teen, get a good morning shower scrub, follow up with a moisturizer with spf 15. Add BIORE pore strips twice a week and maybe a Queen Helene's mud mask twice a month and your skin should clear up by the end of the month. You can get all of that for less than 30 bucks, a great investment if you ask me.
    Also stay away from sugary/salt foods they tend to exacerbate breakouts in teens (hormonal junk). This will give your skin a good smooth glow so you won't be dependent on make up.

Also it will make whatever make up you do wear look wonderful. I would stay away from smokey eyes, just keep more neutral/natural. You can always go to the mall and have them do your colors for you. Just let them know you want something light and natural looking. If you start gunking on makeup young your skin will hate you when you're in your 20's and 30's.

Don't worry about the uniform, everyone else is wearing one too.
    I would also suggest finding a haircut that you can wash and go or do with little effort. No need to spend tons and tons of time stressing over your look before school. Maybe an aymmetrical bob, with some layers in the back. That way you can straighten it if you want (hair dryer pointed down to give smooth glossy look) or put some mouse in while damp to give it a wavy look.

My best advice is to Just play around with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Make my legs pretty [ 4 Answers ]

Im looking for something to make my legs pretty enough to shorts and dress. I don't where them because I have UGLY legs from mosquites bites and whatever else that have took away the beauty of my legs... Is there anyone out that can HELP ME?? Please I hate feeling the way I do!! Email me >Removed<...

Do you think I'm pretty? [ 21 Answers ]

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/gothrockerchick/brittany038.jpg

Am I still pretty? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have been with my lover for 5 years and one year married, when he met me I was almost 65 lbs thinner than what I am now, although I am 6'2 now I hold my weight very very well, My husband says that I am beautiful and he doesn't want me to change anything about me, I still get worried that...

Looking Pretty [ 4 Answers ]

I'm known as a geek in school b.c of my smarts.. and also the popular girls say I'm beautiful... I don't think so.. but everyone is jealous b.c of my looks but I don't dress to make myself pretty and I have brown hair layers and length is a little lower than my shoulders... n I have big dark red...

View more questions Search