Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sedita101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 06:54 PM
    Fast heart beat
    Hello! I need an answer quick! When does a heart rate for a 16yr old femal weighing 130lb become a cause for an ER visit?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2011, 07:39 PM

How fast is your heart rate?

Whether your 16 or 36 or 56. Or if your 130 lbs, lighter or heavier is not really a factor.

If your concerned about your heart and it is something you think is an emergency then get your butt into emerg.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 14, 2011, 08:16 PM

How fast is your heartbeat? Have you been exercising? Taking any medications? Drinking caffiene?
    sedita101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 07:31 AM
    I am 16.
    No meds.
    No exercise. I'm going on the 8th day like this. Everyday getting faster. Today I'm up to 135
    Expert

Feb 15, 2011, 07:33 AM

Time to get to the ER if your heart rate is this high resting.
    Expert

Feb 15, 2011, 07:34 AM

Time to get to the ER if your heart rate is this high resting. It's called Tachycardia and can be very dangerous if not treated properly.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2011, 08:56 AM

I have had mine go up to 214 before. Anyway, best thing is the ER. They will monitor your heart. Probably do some blood work and also a ECG. Which will detect if there is anything going on or not.

Sometimes when it happens by the time you do see someone your heart rate is back to normal, in this case they will do further study.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heart beat/stomach [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal to feel your heart beat in your stomach?

8 weeks no heart beat [ 4 Answers ]

Good Morning!! In June I had a missed miscarriage(empty sac). After that I did not get my period. On Sept 26 I had negative pregnancy test and Oct 6 positive pregnancy test. Yesterday 3rd November(4 weeks since I found out I was pregnant) I had a vaginal scan. Sac and embryo(measures 6mm) were...

Fetal Heart Beat [ 1 Answers ]

I had an ultrasound yesterday and I am 6 weeks pregnant and the heart beat was 98 BPM and the tech said it was a little slow. I was just wandering if this is normal. She did not seem concerned.

Every Beat of your heart. [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a coffee shop today and I heard this song on the radio... it was a little low but I got a little bit of it. I'm pretty sure it was an acoustic version of the song because that is all they play in there, but there was one guy singer, and I clearly remember him singing in the song "cuz with...

Irregular heart beat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm not sure if I put this is the right place :confused: oh well but laterly I keep getting the most weirdest feeling in my heart, like it feels like it will skip a beat then try to make up for that mist beat and beat really fast and hard, it feels like its trying to escape from my body! Also...

View more questions Search