Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stm11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 06:33 PM
    I work from and reside in Washington state but my employer is in ny state.
    During 2010 my employer in NY state taxes withheld from my check. I have read that I am due a full refund but am having a hard time figuring out how to file.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 14, 2011, 07:58 PM

Since you do not live or work in NY, you do not pay NY taxes or file NY tax return.
    If employer has withheld NY income tax as nonresident, file return and claim the refund.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Temp working in one state and reside in another, one has state tax and the other does [ 2 Answers ]

Live in Florida and working in ca on a temporary basis, employer reimburses living expenses, do I have to pay ca state taxes

Owe state taxes in another state don't work in that state, can they garnish wages. [ 6 Answers ]

I owe back taxes in state of Maryland but work in virginia. Can Maryland garnish wages in viriginia.

Does CA law state at what age kids can decide with what parent they want to reside? [ 2 Answers ]

I have primary custody of my three children. Their father has visitation on weekends and every other week during the summer. Our children are 8, 11, and 15. My question is... my Ex keeps trying to push my middle child to 'choose' to live with him. Sometimes he tells his dad he wants to but then...

How long to reside in a state to be considered a resident [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. If I am moving from the state of Florida to Brooklyn, NY, how long do I have to reside in NY for me to be considered a resident?

No state withholding by out of state employer? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Arizona and am an employee of a company based in Washington, DC. I noticed on my W2 that they did not withhold any state taxes at all for last year. Is it legal for them to fail to withhold state taxes for an out-of-state employee? Second question if you don't mind: I have Foreign...

View more questions Search