Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mama515 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 05:28 PM
    Passing out and stopped breathing/whole body numbness
    I was in the shower and got really dizzy told my boyfriend I was and he wrapped my arms around him then I passed out. While I was out my eyes were wide open and my pupils were about as big as my eye. I then stopped breathing for 2 or 3 min and then he finally got me to wake up. I still felt dizzy and my ears were ringing and eyes a little blurry. It was a little hard to breath after that for about 2 hours.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2011, 05:31 PM

You need to see a Physician. It is dangerous and foolish to diagnose over the Internet.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2011, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mama515 View Post
    I was in the shower and got really dizzy told my boyfriend i was and he wrapped my arms around him then i passed out. while i was out my eyes were wide open and my pupils were about as big as my eye. I then stopped breathing for 2 or 3 min and then he finally got me to wake up. I still felt dizzy and my ears were ringing and eyes a little blurry. It was a little hard to breath after that for about 2 hours.
    The circumstances/symptoms you mention are quite serious. Assuming that the above occurred without emergency medical intervention, diagnosis becomes more complicated and, as noted by JudyKT above, ranges well beyond any opinion available via internet.

Regardless of your present condition the events as related foregoing require an immediate and thorough medical evaluation.

Feb 15, 2011, 07:37 PM
    Well I went to the doctor and they didn't even test me for anything. Haha this is why I don't like them.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2011, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mama515 View Post
    Well I went to the doctor and they didnt even test me for anything. Haha this is why i dont like them.
    If you went to any medical doctor and provided the information as above and they failed to take affirmative action... you are correct in not liking them. You and I must be missing something here?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2011, 07:52 PM

You should have been rushed to the hospital minutes after it happened, if you really stopped breathing for 3 minutes there can be serious damage.

How did your boyfriend get you to start breathing, did he do mouth to mouth or what ?

Feb 16, 2011, 05:42 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    I should have. And no I just came out of it. But I am going to another doctor tomorrow and hopefully they will do some testing.

Feb 16, 2011, 05:44 PM
    Comment on DrBill100's post
    And yes I actually went to the ER and all they did was give me meds for my headache that I had and the nausea. I am still light headed and still have the headache. Me and my boyfriend are starting to think it might have something to do with my heart or brain.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2011, 08:21 PM

I would assume that they did not believe you, since if you had actually stopped breathing, you don't normally just start again after several minutes, and would normally have brain damage if you did.

But it is very easy, go to another doctor, I have a wonderful doctor if I want my meds refiled, but I have several others if I actually have things wrong

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Numbness on the left side of whole body [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My mom is about 62 yrs old. She has persisting pain and numbness in the left side of her neck, left shoulder, left hand and down to thighs and feet. The pain is inside the skin while there is numbness outside. The pain and numbness sometimes get so severe (particularly in the left...

Numbness on right side of body and trouble walking [ 6 Answers ]

I woke up with numbness on the right side of my body and trouble walking. What could this be. I still have numbness days later

Localized numbness throughout body [ 12 Answers ]

I have never been to the doctor about this because they always just brush me off, but I have random spots of numbness on my body. My right hip. One spot about the size of a quarter on my left thigh, and the tops of both of my feet from ankle to where the big toe begins (I think that's from spending...

Numbness of the right side of body and trouble seeing [ 5 Answers ]

So, I wasn't sure where to ask this, or if I should just go straight to the doctors. While I was at school yesterday, I was sitting down and reached to pick something up and realized my hand was numb. I checked the rest of my body and my right hand, arm, leg, foot and right half of my tongue was...

View more questions Search