Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tajc395 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 07:57 AM
    Is it legal for a supervisor to order you to come in on your day off ?
    I'm a hospital nurse. We have become increasingly short-staffed. Due to the short-staffing, we have "on-call" shifts that are not covered. My boss is threatening insubordination if we do not pick up these remaining open shifts. How can we be forced to come in on our day off?

Check out some similar questions!

Can my supervisor divulge personal medical information to her supervisor and HR? [ 5 Answers ]

HIPPA Law in CO as it relates to substance abuse I took a two week absences from work to detox my body from alcohol and seek counseling from a CD Counselor. I work as a dental assistant at a prestigious university . I shared this information with my direct supervisor (the dentist) and asked...

If my child's name was never change per legal order can she remain with my last name? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter was born with my (mother) last name, but when I went to family court to obtain child support from my daughter's father (we were never married), the judge stated that since she was under the age of 5, her last name would have to be changed to her father's. He never legally changed the...

Shared Legal Custody with a restraning order [ 8 Answers ]

How does a redtraining order affect shared legal custody?

Legal Order to hold funds on joint bank account [ 1 Answers ]

If I wanted to go and get another bank account somewhere, could I if there is already a legal order on my current joint bank account? Also, if my joint bank acct that has the legal order on it is now overdrawn, if I deposit more funds will those funds be applied to the overdrawn amount or does...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.