Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    d.s.handa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 05:45 AM
    Long term capital gains and filing IT return in India
    My father has sold his plot in FY 2010-11 which he had purchased in the year 1983-84. The Capital gains is Rs. 4 Lakh 75 thousand. My questions are:-1). Is investment in Rural electrification bonds the right option to save tax on capital gains ; 2). What if he invests the total proceeds he received from the sale of his plot into REC bonds instead of investing the Capital gains only ?; 3). Which Income tax form to fill while filing the IT returns in india for this year?; 4). Is it important to show the calculation of capital gains while filing IT returns ie: does he have to show the computation of capital gains in some attachement form?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 12:19 PM
    Looking at the context of your post, it is clear that you are asking a question about Indian income taxes.

This forum deals exclusively with U.S. tax issues.
    shawnieelder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2011, 07:00 PM
    How do I find out what was garnished from my children's father that owes back child support
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Contact the family court that would have requested the garnishment.

The IRS will tell you NOTHING about the garnishment action due to privacy laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Short term vs long term capital gains, loss carryovers [ 4 Answers ]

Back in 2000 and 2001, I had short term capital losses that exceeded the 3000 dollar limit. Each year, I've been able to deduct 3000 dollars since my short term gains have been minimal. I still haven't used up all my 2000 and 2001 short term losses. I had some long term gains in 2000, but...

Can short term capital losses offset long term capital gains in the same tax year? [ 1 Answers ]

A friend sold some investment real property this year and had a large long term capital gain. He invested the proceeds in the market and the values are down. If he sells the investments now he will have some short term capital losses. Can he use the STCL to offset the LTCG? He also paid...

Short versus long term capital gains [ 1 Answers ]

I have an investment account that I'd like to reposition some of my holdings from. For tax purposes, can I offset a long term capital gain with a short term capital loss or do I have to match long term gains with long term losses, etc? Secondly, if I have a long term or short term loss, and I...

Q: Amened tax return involving long-term capital gains [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to amend my tax return for 2006. I overlooked money that I got from selling stocks that I held for more than 5 years. I think that the tax rate on this money would be lower than my income rate since it was a risk investment and I held it for more than 5 years. The Amendment form 1040X...

Long Term Capital Gains? [ 1 Answers ]

I used TaxAct to do my 2005 taxes. During 2005 I sold stock that I held for more than 2 years. When I reviewed the TaxAct print out, there was no discount on the gains from the stock sale. When I sold stock in the past (long term), only a portion of the gains was recorded as income. Is long term...

View more questions Search