Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephanieC1977 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 08:21 PM
    What certification do you need in Texas to install septic systems?
    What are the certifications needed to install septic systems in Texas?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 13, 2011, 08:28 PM

Are you asking because you want to become an installer or because you need one and want to know the permit procedure

Feb 13, 2011, 08:37 PM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    I want to know if anyone can go get the permit and install a septic or if you have to have a plumbers license or such... I basically want to build 5 rental cabins on a 10-20 acre tract of land for investment purposes... I am wondering if each requires its own setup or could more than one run off a single septic system... and what are the licensure requirements of the installer...

Feb 13, 2011, 08:58 PM
    I want to know if anyone can go get the permit and install a septic or if you have to have a plumbers license or such... I basically want to build 5 rental cabins on a 10-20 acre tract of land for investment purposes... I am wondering if each requires its own setup or could more than one run off a single septic system... and what are the licensure requirements of the installer...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 14, 2011, 04:53 PM

Part of your question can actually be answered by your local building department. The part regarding how many can run off one tank. In my area it's a certain number of beds or bedrooms. A 1500 gallon tank can support 4 bedrooms under our code. Never worked in your area so I can't be of much more help other than we are keeping your post fresh so others will see too and maybe help to. I do know that the county will require a pec test, topographical survey showing your propsed tanks and field. Most plumbers do not do septic tanks and leave that to sewer contractors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acid water and Septic systems [ 3 Answers ]

I am using a water Ioniser that produces Alkaline water for drinking. As a waste product, the unit produces Acid water that goes down the drain. The house is using a septic system. How is this scenario going to affect the natural flora and working of the septic system ?

Running P traps for septic tank systems [ 1 Answers ]

What is a running P trap for septic system main pipes from house to tank, and how to install it?

Septic tank systems [ 4 Answers ]

Septic tank systems

Septic install Questions [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to buy a house and the property has a gray water system and the drainfield system is a "bed"style. I have really no idea on how this works or how a septic works. I'm originally a "city boy" that has had public sewers. Any info would be appreciated.

Septic systems [ 2 Answers ]

If selling a house in Massachusetts do you need to upgrade the septic to a title 5?

View more questions Search