Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Delph1210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 04:01 PM
    Roth Limits
    I earned $60,000 last year,my wife $2,100.
    I have already contributed $2,500 into each, of our Roth accounts for 2010.
    Did I exceed the limit on my wife's account, since it's more than she earned ?
    If so, how do I undo this msitake ?

Thanks, Steve
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 14, 2011, 10:58 AM

No problem - as long as you file jointly you are each able to contribute up to $5K to your IRAs (or $6K if you are age 50 or older) as long as the total of both your contributions does not exceed the total of your earned incomes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limits? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know if I got this correct or not. Find lim e^2x/x. x --> +infinity. The answer I got for this was positive infinity. Was that correct? I also have 2 more question that I can't seem to solve. (1) What is the area of the largest rectangle under the graph y = 3-x^2 and above the...

Roth IRA and Roth 401(k) [ 1 Answers ]

Can I make contributions to a Roth IRA, when I am already contributing to a Roth 401(k) plan? If so, what are the limits? Thank you,

Limits [ 1 Answers ]

What is the limit of the square root of x?

Roth IRA Limits exceeded? [ 1 Answers ]

I just contributed $4000 to my 2006 Roth IRA. I'm 46 years old and my Total gross income was $120,000 (taxable gross $105,000). Was I allowed to contribute this much? If not, how do I correct? Thanks, Jeff

Roth IRA Limits [ 1 Answers ]

I contribute to a Roth IRA currently. The amount I contribute is reduced based on my AGI. I have been able in the past to compute the max amount I'm allowed to contribute. However, I plan on getting married this year and I am trying to figure just how this will impact my/our contributions to the...

View more questions Search