Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Feb 13, 2011, 02:04 PM
    A love dilema
    Love is a positive emotional interest to be with the other person, based on physical attraction, personality attraction and positive rewarding experiences. I.e seeing a value in the other person!!

When love goes it is because of negative rewarding experiences, no time together, negative view of personality or negative physical attraction. I.e seeing no value in the other person.

How then if your value I.e love has gone from a person, how do you get this back ?

(Any person, not just one... how do you raise your value)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2011, 02:09 PM

I don't know that you do get it back. I think there are various stages of love - puppy love, that first time you meet love, long-term love, relationship love.

I think love keeps changing as a relationship keeps changing.

When it's gone I don't think you get it back.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2011, 01:21 PM
    You are very clinical about your disciption of... LOVE.There are all kinds of love, which we experience throughout our lives, starting with mother/baby love... a deep bond never to be broken, followed by infant/toddler love... security in the mother love,a safety net that's always there.As we progress through life growing,finding our way, we are safe in the knowledge that our parents, no matter what mistakes we make, will always be there to pick us up and reassure us with those well used words... it's OK we still love you.Instantly you feel better,the bond of love between children and parents is in my opinion the strongest.

Eventually you grow up and meet various people, having gone through the- puppy love stage and the boy girl friend phaze, now you search for a person perhaps to share your life with.
    Different people have various criteria,e.g.. for some it may be physical attraction, that's fine but who's inside? Have they a personality or are they relying on looks to see them through their life,hoping to eventually fall in love... but looks fade!

Some look for a match of minds, looks are not as important.I know of such a couple,intellectually their perfect they've been together for many years.They have what I would call a very deep bonding love.

There are those who on meeting a person have an instant connection... chemistry,love at first sight, it does happen, if they are lucky they will have a long and happy life together.

Many people settle for a comfortable sort of love that has a bit of everything.. security is usually the reason,plus they don't believe true love really exists.

When the love that you've searched for, believed in,built your whole life around, lets you down by maybe having an affair or what ever it may be, then I don't think you can ever capture that magic again.
    People do stay together after such events but things are never the same.

In my opinion a couple needs to live their own life individually, conquering their own goals at the same time remaining true to their partener, that way their relationship will never become boring, each will always have something to say.. something new to keep things alive, their love will blossom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get out of my dilema? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been married since 2008 to a man who is now 34yrs old. We get into arguments over little things because he simply does not like to listen to me. First off let me just say I am the only one who works, while my husband is a stay home man. He does not work at all, just plays video games most of...

Medical dilema [ 9 Answers ]

So I was told that I have a concussion I took a hit to the head where it snapped backwards and was unconscious and when I got to the hospital I was told I have a concussion. One of my big questions is can you be knocked unconscious without getting a concussion? I haven't had ANY symotoms and am...

Yet another housebreaking dilema. [ 8 Answers ]

Let me start by saying I have read the sticky posts and several other posts on this issue, but I haven't seen anyone address our problem. This is a long post in order to answer many of the follow up questions or pointers that I am sure would be raised. I have a 10 year old pug mix (Gracie) that...

Dilema [ 6 Answers ]

I have very little contact with my bros. And sisters due to a fallout . Now the oldest bro. Calls me asking to help support my mom (78 yrs), who lives off soc. Sec. The thing is she lives w/ dad but their relationship is shot . They"re together out of necessity even though they don't...

Recent Dilema [ 1 Answers ]

All right, I've already made my choice on this, but I want to know what you guys think. My girlfriend and I have been going out for six months now. Prior to that I've like her for a couple years, but she or I had always been with someone else. I lost my virginity to this girl. Recently I had...

View more questions Search