Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scotty13 Posts: 120, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 12:50 PM
    A proper title on my business card
    I've started and registered my own company. I'm building a social network website with the same name all by myself.

What should be a proper title to put on my business cards? Founder, Owner, President, CEO.

I thought I should put Founder / Owner.

Thank you,
    Scotty13
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 12, 2011, 12:54 PM
    Whatever you want, it's up to you.

As it's your own company then Founder would fit best.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 12, 2011, 02:40 PM

I don't put anything as far as who I am. Over the years I have found this to be best for reasons of my own such as 'why is the 'owner' taking care of these small details?' Leaving that part blank in my opinion is best. If they ask or if the proper moment arises, I tell them.

Stringer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2011, 08:12 PM

Yes, normally I leave the title blank, since if it is a small business you may fill many hats. I had one boss before, that never told anyone he was the owner,

You will get more sales people calling trying to sell the owner things than you get customer calls often, and often if they don't know you are the owner or main boss, you can make an excuse that you need to discuss a deal with someone, to give things a break at times
    UPmarketArt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 06:16 PM
    Depends how small your business is. If it you're the only employee then I wouldn't put any title on your business card. You'll be filling a lot of roles, and a title might seem a tad pretentious. It's possible to make it work, though. Plus if you say you're the owner, you'll get a lot of calls from salespeople.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start a calling card / phone card business? [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to start a calling card / phone card business with little capital. If anybody knows how to do this please advise me. Any advice welcome.

Business credit card [ 2 Answers ]

I am being sued by a creditor for a business credit card issued to a company name I closed in 2004. Can they freeze my personal account(and yes I signed at the time for the credit card)and am I liable for the amount even though I closed the company in 2004?

View more questions Search