Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amacbabe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Gas line to a gas fireplace
    I have an existing gas fireplace place in my home that I moved 1'0" to the right. There is a copper tubing with a shut off and then flex tubing connecting to the fireplace. I am trying to add additional copper tubing on to the existing so I can extend everything to reach the new location for the fireplace- Can I achieve this easily?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 17, 2007, 06:35 PM
    The best way would be to buy a longer flex tube but if that's not possible a copper flare coupling is the fitting you're looking for. Test any new joints by painting the joint with a mixture of dish detergence and water. If you see bubbles you have a gas leak. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Stoves connection to gas line [ 2 Answers ]

I had a serviceman connect my gas stove/range back up to the gas line. When I asked him if he used teflon tape or liquid pipe dope he said neither as my compression fittings was a type that did not need it. I was not aware there was such a compression fitting. The gas line does not appear to be...

Gas fireplace thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

The thermostat on my gas fireplace works OK, but is not very sensitive. Any recommendations for a thermostat that's more sensitive and doesn't take so long to come on again once it turns off?

Gas line to exterior gas lantern [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to run a gas line from the main gas supply of my home, to a gas lantern about 140 ft away. The line will need to be buried in the ground and will have to pass underneath my driveway. I believe there is a flexible line with a trace wire that can be used. I want to do the majority of the...

Gas Fireplace [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I just bought a ventless propane gas log set. I, however, only have natural gas in my household. Is there a way I can convert the propane set to natural gas? Thank you

View more questions Search