Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissingFather Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 11:17 AM
    I need to find my biological father
    I feel like I really need to find my father, but my mother won't tell me anything about him and goes crazy when I ask. None of my other realitives will help me so I am alone. I only know his age and name and that's it.
    Can someone help me but it has to be something that won't cost me for I have no credit card or job. I am 17 and live in Edinburgh in the UK
    ajstone Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Mar 11, 2011, 06:08 AM
    I think that you need to explain to your mother how important knowing who you are is. My opinion is that your mother, no matter how much it hurts her to think of the past, she needs to tell you- she must have known you'd ask one day.

Perhaps asking her in a letter, or an email, so she does not actively have to speak about it may help. I am adopted, and my adoptive mother finds it easier to write to me about how she feels regarding this (it caused some problems in my adolescence... identity and all that).

Good luck.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2011, 12:20 PM

It is possible to find him if you have his full name and age. A middle initial is most helpful.

I cannot locate him, however, if you are under age. My other concern is that youjr mother does not want you have this info. She may or may not have her reasons.

I'd wait until you are living on your own, independent, and then make an attempt.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2011, 01:58 PM

And why do you need ? To find him, perhaps you want to find him, are obsessed in finding him.

Perhaps he does not know who he is, perhaps he was a danger and is protecting you or more

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know the best way to find a biological father? [ 19 Answers ]

I am searching for my biological father and I don't have much information to go on but I have tried lots of different sites and so far I have not found much or they cost lots of money which I don't have. He and my mother divorced when I was 3 and I haven't seen him since I have no pictures my...

Trying to find my biological father [ 2 Answers ]

Im looking for my biological father. {personal info removed} this is all the info my mum remebers. If anyone can help me I would be so gratefull? Im nearly 23 and I'm scared I will never find him

What if I find out my son's father isn't actually his biological father? [ 2 Answers ]

I got pregnant about 5 years ago - I basically ended a relationship and started a new one with someone else so when I found out I was pregnant, I was never sure who's child it was. But I made the decision to marry this guy and we decided not to do a paternity test and to raise him under the...

I need to find my biological father [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find my biological father, Michael moldovan

How do I find my biological father [ 1 Answers ]

I have his full name and his birthdate... but all the search for people sites on the internet have not been able to give me any correct information...

View more questions Search