Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Printpack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Land with Multiple heirs
    I live in VA. I own 4/5 of some property. The other fifth is owned by 5 siblings. Can I sell the land and have their 1/5 distributed to them. Or due I need them to sign the Real Estate agreement to sell.
    TripleL Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2007, 11:52 AM
    I believe you need to get them all to sign. I recently went through this with my sibling for my parents house. Also, you may want to check with a Lawyer who handles estates/real estates.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Hello Print:

You can't do ANYTHING to this property without your partners. They're owners, and they're your partners.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost basis for 4 heirs of a house when 2 want to buy out other 2? [ 2 Answers ]

4 siblings inherited a house from father and got an independent appraisal for value RANGE of $185,000-$210,000 and a suggested listing price of $204,000 on day of death. Question 1: Which of these figures is the FAIR MARKET VALUE of the home that should be the stepped-up cost basis for the...

Just Land [ 1 Answers ]

Where Can I Find Out About Buying Just Land From The Government.anywhere In The Usa Thank You

Land surveyor [ 1 Answers ]

I was just informed that my mortgage company required me to have flood insurance. I was wondering if anyone know what is the general fee more or less to get a elevation certificate. I just got a quote on insurance and was pretty step. Thank you

What can I do on my own land? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. I have a piece of property zoned commercial (highway frontage 2). I no longer have a business license, but I sometimes would like to throw community concerts and private parties on my land. Do I need a business license for this even if I am not making money or am...

Growing the new land [ 2 Answers ]

Dear I have a land and I want to plant it. I would like to gudie me through these question 1- what is the best kind of vegetables or fruites can I do? 2- what is the cost ? 3- which kind of vegetables or fruites that will give a huge quantity ? Thanks for helping

View more questions Search