Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chall Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 06:36 PM
    I popped a pimple on penis and now its swollen and a lump on it
    I popped a pimple on my penis about a week ago and now it is swollen with a lump at the base of the shaft and it hurts
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 11, 2011, 06:38 PM

Sounds like it's infected.

Time to go to the doctor.
    ReverendOmen Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Feb 11, 2011, 06:47 PM
    It is possible, that the pimple you popped was actually an infected ingrown hair. They often accumulate puss, appearing as a pimple. The problem is, that our bodies natural bacteria gets into open wounds, such as a freshly popped pimple or ingrown hair. This often causes warts. Don't be alarmed. If your popped pustule has in fact become a wart, it is not the STD genital warts, it is a common planters wart. The only way to get rid of it is to go to the doctor and have them lance it or burn it off. It is quick and painless, though there is a light soreness in the couple hours after. The wart is not contagious or deadly, but will affect your sexual social life if you leave it be. Also, do not attempt to remove it using store bought wart removal products. Though they treat the same type of wart, the bacteria that is naturally on our bodies around the genitals will continue to infect the wart as you attempt to burn or freeze it off, causing it to remain or possibly grow larger. GO TO THE DOCTOR! Its embarrassing, but so is a woman saying, "oh my god, eww, what is that, gross!"
    chall Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 06:50 PM
    Comment on ReverendOmen's post
    Its not a wart this is a lump the size of a quarter at the base of my penis and the pimple was up further. I popped the pimple and had lots of swelling and then 2 days later I get this know/lump below it.

ReverendOmen Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Feb 11, 2011, 07:35 PM
    Comment on ReverendOmen's post
    Then I believe the new lump is un-related, and if that size, extremely hazardous to your health. Go to your doctor immediately. If you don't have insurance and are worried about cost, look up what is known as a free-clinic and go to the nearest one as soon as possible. If an infection, you are risking losing your penis to amputation if left untreated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tried to pop pimple on scar/shaft of penis and now its swollen. [ 1 Answers ]

I usually get some pimples around this area(more like blackheads) but this time I got this pretty big bump and I tried to pop it. A little yellow gue came out but then it swelled A lot, it was really big, but has now reduced but it is still swollen. I had an STD test done about a month ago, and it...

Swollen lump on penis (just when erect) [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've searched the 'Net and found a lot of answers about what this is NOT. Today after masturbating, I noticed that there was a large, somewhat soft lump on the bottom right side of my penis just below the glans. It has never been there before. There was no coloration. When flaccid it...

Lump/Swollen side of penis [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, Today I returned home and noticed the left side of my penis (on the shaft near almost near the head) was swollen, and there was a lump that kind of feels like a trail of something maybe (almost like a hard string that goes halfway around the penis)? Anyway, I've been researching for the...

View more questions Search