Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csu001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 06:25 PM
    Pregnant and wondering.
    I took the plan b pill after having unprotected sex. The guy came inside of twice, and I have been having unprotected sex. Do you honestly think that the plan b pill worked for me? I think I am pregnant.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2011, 06:29 PM

Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly. You had unprotected sex. Took planned b. and have continued having unprotected sex? Once I know that I'm understanding you correctly I'll tell you my thoughts
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 11, 2011, 06:37 PM

Plan B is not 100% effective, and if you are continuing to have unprotected sex, or even protected sex, there's a chance that you are indeed pregnant.
    ReverendOmen Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Feb 11, 2011, 06:53 PM
    I think you should take an at home pregnancy test, if it is negative, take another a week later, if its also negative, it is unlikely that you are pregnant. If either are positive, go to the doctor, have it confirmed. If you are having unprotected sex you have increased the chances of getting pregnant 10 fold. If he **** inside of you, you have increased the chances 100 fold. If you used the plan b pill you dropped the chances 3 fold. Thus you are 107 times more likely to be pregnant than if you had protected sex while still using the pull out method and spermicidal lubricant plus the plan B pill while on birth control. This combo is the closest to abstinence you can get. The odds are stacked severely against you. My gut says you are definitely pregnant. Consider a single missed period, morning vomit, or unnatural heart burn as natural confirmation.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 12, 2011, 02:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by csu001 View Post
    I took the plan b pill after having unprotected sex. The guy came inside of twice, and I have been having unprotected sex. Do you honestly think that the plan b pill worked for me? I think I am pregnant.
    If you think you are pregnant you need to take a HPT.

Do we honestly think the plan b worked for you? Honestly, we have no idea. We aren't able to do the necessary blood/urine tests to answer that question.

No form of protection is 100% effective. Not even using multiple methods. We have members here who were using 3 forms of birth control correctly and conceived.

I, myself, was using two forms... the birth control pill and the condom, and I conceived twice. I even had a baby after I was told I was rendered sterile by chemotherapy.

In the end, if you are not ready to be a mother, abstain from sex. If that is impossible for you, please use irth control to lessen the risk. Plan B should not be considered a form of birth control.
    csu001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 02:25 PM
    I am not continuing to have unprotected sex. I had before hand and before the plan be and my doctor told me that this lowers the chances of the plan be pill working. I have also started to have bleeding which I believe to be implantation bleeding not my period because it is light and not like a normal period.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2011, 03:56 PM

The only way to know will be to take a test. Plan b does help lower your chance but there is definitely still a chance of becoming pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wondering if I may be pregnant. [ 2 Answers ]

My period isn't usually more than 2 to 3 days late every since I took birth control pills to regulate my menstrual cycle. But I'm a week late, which has really never happened so I'm really worried. I had protective sex the 2th and unprotected sex the 12th which was also the day I was due to start...

I'm wondering if I'm pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I think its to soon to tell by a pregnancy test but I've had some spotting and cramping about a week and a half after my last period and I have noticed that I have a little more discharge than normal can anyone help me out?

I'm 15 and wondering if I'm pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and me and my boyfriend decided to have sex. I think I am pregnant now, but I don't no. I am always come on my period between the 11th and the 15th and I this month I started bleeding on the 8th. A lot of people are telling me it could be Implantation bleeding, but its not...

Wondering if I could be pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I had a period on August 2 it lasted 7 days and was heavy, which is how all my other periods have been. Then on August 21 I had a two day period and it was a brownish color could I be pregnant?

View more questions Search