Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtigress27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 05:26 PM
    If convicted of a felony in Pa can I move and have my probation monitored in Florida?
    I have been convicted of a felony in PA but I have been planning to sell my home and move to Florida due to a terminal illness and the need to be close to my daughter during this time. Will I have been told by supervising probation officers in Pa that Florida never accepts or monitors probation from another state, or at least from Pa. Is this true? And if so are there extenuating circumstances such as a terminal illness with family in the state?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2011, 09:13 PM

No this is not true, you may ask for a transfer, it often takes up to three months or so, and there will be specific rules to follow.
    There is a "sticky" on the forum that contains a lot of great info on this subject.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I move my probation to another state if I am on felony probation [ 13 Answers ]

I am on 10 years felony probation in Texas due to an insane ex girlfriend who keeps harassing me I tried to do an interstate transfer back to Pennsylvania where my new girlfriend currently is from but was denied. However my girlfriend is pregnant and we want to live in pa, how do I do this if she...

What happens if you are convicted of a felony in another state while on probation? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is on felony probation in SC and he caught a felony charge in IN what do you think will happen to him? He only had 2 years of probation left.

What happens if you are convicted of a felony while on probation? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is currently on felony probation. He has been convicted of another felony charge while on probation. He got time served for this charge. This resulted in a violation of probation. He goes to court tomorrow for the VOP. What do you think will happen to him?

Will California extradite someone from Florida on felony probation violation? [ 1 Answers ]

I know someone with a probation violation who now has a warrant. They don't have the money to go through the legal process right now so what states can they be safe from being extradited from until they can get the money to resolve the problem?

View more questions Search