Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tishomingo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 11:18 AM
    MAC G-5 CD tray will not open
    MAC G-5 CD tray will not open, even when holding down the mouse key while restarting
    Texas Tom Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Jan 19, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tishomingo
    MAC G-5 CD tray will not open, even when holding down the mouse key while restarting
    These links are for Macs older that the G5, but may work.

Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver & MDD): How to Open the CD/DVD Tray
    Power Mac G4: How to Open the CD/DVD Tray

PowerPC-based Macintosh: How to eject a disc when other options don't work
    PowerPC-based Macintosh: How to eject a disc when other options don't work

You are more likely to get an answer at Apple's G5 Discussion forum at Apple - Support - Discussions - Using your Power Mac G5

Cheers, Tom
    NYDUDE Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Howdy!

Texas Tom gave you some fantastic links that should fix that issue invloving cd tray not ejecting... I'd like to add to this:

If all fails, pop the lid off your G-5 PowerMac and check to see if the power connector or the data connector are firmly and securely attached, if either are disconnected -- this will render the cd tray inoperable.

Hope this helps!

NYDUDE
    bglover Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 10:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tishomingo
    Are you using the correct keyboard to get that to happen? I'm sure that I am stating the obvious but the eject key in on the far right on the number pad. I had a keybord go bad n my once and the only way to get the CD to open was to hooku and another keyboard. THey pluggin your keybord into another USB slot, something's that helps too.

Good luck.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Jan 30, 2007, 09:25 PM
    If you have a G5 you're likely to have OS X as well. You can either use the keyboard to eject the CD or drag the CD from your desktop to the trashcan. If you double click on your hard drive from the desktop you should see your mounted CD on the left hand side of your Finder. Click the Eject symbol and that too should eject the CD.

If your CD is busy (i.e. you have a file open) then you need to make sure you exit any application that has a file open on the CD.

If the above suggestions fail then restart your system and attempt the above options. If all else fails then get yourself a paperclip and insert it in the hole near the CD tray which should mechanically eject the CD.

Hope that helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XP System Tray errors [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I boot up my computer, about half the time the programs I have designated to start in the system tray don't appear. I have gone into "msconfig" and have cut down to the bare minimum (anti-virus, firewall, video-card program, etc), and it didn't really help much, as it still continues. ...

Weaning off the litter tray! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, Does anyone know how I can wean my two darlings off the litter tray? They go outside and promptly come back in and use the tray! I thought about just removing the tray but wondered if they would just 'do it' on the floor! Many Thanks!:)

G4 cd tray stuck closed [ 2 Answers ]

My cd tray is stuck closed with a blank cd in it. I have a mac quicksilver g4. There used to be a little hole you could stick a clip in to open it, but not on this model. Any suggestions?

Hide icon tray.. [ 4 Answers ]

I want to hide tray icon of my open program so that other can't use it... I all ready try systrayx it good but demo version is now enddate, so I'm just trying to find if there is any tray icon hider available "FREE SOFTWARE" :D...

Little green computer no longer in tray [ 10 Answers ]

I have a dial-up connection and after I had to re-install the modem the little green computer disappeared from the tray by the clock. Is there a way to put it back or get it back? Have Win98SE, and can't boot into safe mode only into dos. Thanks for your detailed help.

View more questions Search