Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amylily123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 01:08 PM
    Toshiba satellite will not boot up (BSoD, black screen)?
    Toshiba satellite will not boot up (BSoD, black screen)?
    OK, so I did uninstall a few programs and then it was fine for a while. When it automatically locked itself (as it does after a while) it froze. The mouse worked but everything stopped. Ctrl+alt+delete did nothing and so pressed the power switch and restarted it. All the option are get are startup repair and normal run.
    Normal leads to a black screen that is obviously lighted up so its not the screen. But that's all it is a black screen.
    Start up repair tries to repair the disk and when its finished leads to the blue screen of death. One of the suggestions to fix this is to restart and press f8 and choose safe mode. It won't let me press f8 so now I'm stuck. Someone help?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2011, 04:08 PM

Was this a WIndows XP or Windows Vista... or a Windows 7 machine.

The Black screen of death can be caused by a number of things... as well as a few things nobody has figured out just yet.

I've experienced it myself on a Win 7 machine. Tried everything I could find on Google searches, nothing worked in my case... ended up reloading the operating system from scratch. I bought a new drive and put the old drive in a USB case to recover most of the data. If you have important data on it... do that... the OS is hosed... but most of your data is still inact. Assuming you didn't use bitlocker encryption.

And yes laptop or desktop... you can do what I sugested. And after you recover the data you can reformat it and you have a USB drive you can back up your computer to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista; blue screen popped up, now nothing [ 1 Answers ]

Friend has a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista. She was working on it the other night on the Internet, when a blue screen with an error message popped up. Before she could do anything, the computer restarted and keeps reading that "Startup Repair is checking for problems..." She's tried...

Toshiba Regza Screen Goes Black [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 32 inch Toshiba Regza LCD, model 32HL67U that I bought last December. The problem I have had intermittently since the first week I have owned it is that when I am watching this TV, the screen will go black but the sound will keep playing. Toshiba customer service suggested that I unplug...

Toshiba satellite L100 drivers [ 1 Answers ]

:) Hi you all, I am working on the notebook as mention above and it has the virus that I have earlier posted seeking for help. I am have copied all the data for the laptop and want to reformat the notebook and then I am struck because I don't have this particular notebook (toshia satellite L100;...

After windows logo on boot I get black screen and mouse only! [ 2 Answers ]

Well... I have an intel pentium 4 at 2,4 Ghz - 512 ram - asus motherboard pep4 and suddently when I opened my PC once after the windows logo I get a black screen and my mouse pointer! That's it ! I cannot do anything further nothing works even if I log in safe mode. Tried also to repair my windows...

View more questions Search