Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timeframe Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jan 17, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Question about my freezer
    OK my freezer stopped working so we called out a repair guy and he said that the heater was broken why in the world would a freezer need a heater?
    redskinser Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 2, 2008, 05:39 PM
    The freezer needs a heater to make it a self defrosting freezer
    schriverj Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 07:19 PM
    You should find the heater behind the panel at the back of the freezer. This is a pretty easy do it yourself fix once you get the correct part number. You should be able to get the part at an appliance repair part store. Ours cost 55.00 much better than the 279.00 the repair man wanted to replace the part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glacier on the Freezer floor [ 5 Answers ]

I have side by side GE profile refrigerator that it makes the freezer floor to be glacier for the last 3 months. There is no leak that I have noticed in the freezer. I have defrosted and cleaned up the freezer without any success. It takes one day to start accumulating glacier in the freezer...

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

Freezer leaking [ 2 Answers ]

I have a side-by-side fridge/freezer and the freezer side is leaking onto the floor. It isn't that much water but I imagine some drain is clogged? The front of the freezer dispenses water and ice from the outside but I don't believe it is coming from there. It is coming from inside. Any ideas...

View more questions Search