Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sara5905 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Feb 11, 2011, 05:25 AM
    I have stabbing pains in my appendix area.
    I have really bad and random stabbing pains in my appendix area. Ive gotten an ultra-sound and they say that I'm fine.
    Does anyone know why I get the pain if nothing's wrong with my appendix?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 11, 2011, 05:37 AM

There is a lot going on in the area of the appendix, and a lot more diagnosis then just taking an ultra sound. Take your temperature - a low grade fever may be a sign of inflammation and infection, a possible sign of appendicitis.

The appendix is such an insignificant piece of our anatomy that doctors are not too sure just what it is for.

We can't tell you what the problem is, we can't diagnose here on AMHD, so I suggest if you are not happy with your first diagnosis and the ultra sound results, you should seek a second opinion.

Tick
    sara5905 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Feb 11, 2011, 05:48 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Oh well I didn't know that.
    Thanks a heap ! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should you have burning pains after having appendix out? [ 1 Answers ]

My son in law had his appendix out yesterday morning by keyhole surgery was sent home this morning .He is in no pain but is suffering with burning inside is this normal?

Stabbing and burning pains in the upper part of my right side [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having sharp pains and burning sensations in the upper part of my right side an dit hurts when I move... what is it?

Stabbing head pains [ 1 Answers ]

I have been experiencing stabbing head pains to the back right side of my head. I went to the docter and had scans which are clear. I was also given tegretol because of suspected nerve damage it did nothing so that medication was stopped. I still have the pain and am taking panadol 4 hourly which...

Sharp stabbing pains [ 4 Answers ]

I have sharp stabbing pains in my lower left abdomen usually right before my period or when I'm running or right after sex. The pains are so intense I curl up in a little ball not wanting to move cause when I move one single muscle anywhere it hurts so bad I want to scream. I also have lower back...

View more questions Search