Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BCGVAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Adding Drainage to a Soggy backyard
    My backyard is north-facing and has a very slight slope to it (slopes away from house).
    Its fenced and there are a row of cedars planted in a raised bed in the back of the yard against the fence.

The yard is a soggy mess in winter and in summer never completely dries out.
    How do I add drainage to it?
    TripleL Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BCGVAN
    My backyard is north-facing and has a very slight slope to it (slopes away from house).
    Its fenced and there are a row of cedars planted in a raised bed in the back of the yard against the fence.

The yard is a soggy mess in winter and in summer never completly dries out.
    How do I add drainage to it?
    My neighbor had similar problems - what he did was bought some PCP piping and a grate. He dug a trench where it is soggy the most out to the side of the house (going with the slight grade of the land). He then put the grate where it was really soggy about an inch below the ground, laid the pcp pipping and then covered everything except the grate with fresh dirt and grass seed. He did this about 5 years ago and seems to be working. Landscaping to help divert the water flow helps as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NJ urban backyard - trying to make it an OASIS, please help! [ 2 Answers ]

First off, your help is much appreciated! My wife and I are planning an urban garden of sorts, with flowers, herbs, & veggies if possible... Problem is, it's in an urban setting. And much of the sunlight is blocked. We probably only get about an hours worth of sun in the summer, and virtually...

Basement drainage [ 1 Answers ]

I am very confused about my basement drainage. I have a sump pump which I have no idea about since I have never had one and I do not see any floor drains or pipes or sinks to drain my washing machine to. What do I do? Is it OK to put the washer hose into the sump pump well? Please Help!

How can I find the drain barrel in backyard? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a slab ranch,about 50 yrs old. My kitchen drain is clogged, we snaked it 50 feet, ran into nothing. Mind you the bathroom just off the kitchen is not affected, so we know that they are a separate drain system. Two years ago, kitchen clogged and plumber came and snaked it, saying we...

Soggy subfloor and discolored linoleum near shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass bottom shower with marble sheets for walls and a glass sliding doors. I have noticed the linoleum is disclored and soggy underneath but only in the corners near the front of the shower were you step in. I have recaulked the whole shower with a good silicone and also in the...

Lint is flying out of our vent into the backyard [ 3 Answers ]

New home, 5 year old dryer... We have lint coming out of the vent connected to the dryer, and it is making a mess on our patio. Please let me know what I can do.

View more questions Search