Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pkrin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 11:01 PM
    Numbness on the left side of whole body
    Hi,

My mom is about 62 yrs old. She has persisting pain and numbness in the left side of her neck, left shoulder, left hand and down to thighs and feet.

The pain is inside the skin while there is numbness outside. The pain and numbness sometimes get so severe (particularly in the left thigh) that she cannot walk. She also unable to sleep towards left side due to the pain. Doctors here have tried so many medicines but we are yet to find one that can help.

What do you think the reason is for Pain and Numbness?

Thanks
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 10, 2011, 11:04 PM

There's really no way for anyone on the internet to be able to give you a diagnosis. There are so many things this could be, and anything we mention would only be a guess.

What sorts of test have the doctors done on your mother? What diagnosis have they given?
    roxi3 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 01:44 PM
    Hello.. I'm having same problems I'm not sure if this will help any but doctor thinks I might have MS which if so your mother is having the same problems as me but the only thing that don't quite fit is the average age of getting MS is 20-40s.. so I'm not sure ask a doctor about this.. worth a shot good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Numbness on right side of body and trouble walking [ 6 Answers ]

I woke up with numbness on the right side of my body and trouble walking. What could this be. I still have numbness days later

Numbness of the right side of body and trouble seeing [ 5 Answers ]

So, I wasn't sure where to ask this, or if I should just go straight to the doctors. While I was at school yesterday, I was sitting down and reached to pick something up and realized my hand was numb. I checked the rest of my body and my right hand, arm, leg, foot and right half of my tongue was...

Horrable pain in left side of body [ 1 Answers ]

Had a baby 1 week ago today and yesterday I started having horrable pains that start in my left hip bone and run down my left leg, it's so bad that I can't move until after the motrin kick in. Is this normal? I don't recall having this after my first two. I know it's not after birth pains cause...

Why have I always got pain off the left side of my body ? [ 4 Answers ]

Why have I always got a pain off the left side lower body?

View more questions Search