Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cricket69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Baby Chickens
    How Can You Tell If A Baby Chick Is A Boy Or Girl ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Poultry: Sexing of day-old chicks
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 19, 2007, 04:52 PM
    My father has raised chickens as long as I can remember and I learned a lot from him.I have about 50 chickens on my farm,and he always says if the chick sits on his mother's back it will be a rooster.It is otherwise hard to tell until the comb begins to grow.I have several breeds that are very hard to tell about even after several months.
    mrssittingduck Posts: 151, Reputation: 24

Jun 20, 2007, 04:09 AM
    Can't say anything other than what has been said already in the above link,

As said it all depends on the breed of chicken on weather it can be feather sexed...

I have heard of the method above that pampano states however I haven't tried it so don't know if it works or not :)

Good luck
    Katie
    jesika89 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 09:02 PM
    You can't until they are at least a few more weeks old and when they start to get there feathers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A baby having a baby. [ 15 Answers ]

My sister is 13 she's gotten into some bad groups of friends and now she might be pregnant.And the guy who got her took her inocense was 17 almost 18. I feel as if she's still a baby. She's doing drugs, telling my parents off. My parents don't know what to do for her and neither do I. she's to...

Baby [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 12 years, well a year and a half ago we quit using birthcontrol and decided we would leave it up devine intervention. My birthday is July 15, 1973 and my husbands is July 2, 1973. Can anyone tell me if they see anything in the future as far having children?

Having a baby [ 9 Answers ]

I would really like to have a baby but I understood that if me and my partner have the same blood type we will not be able to have a baby. I am AB positive and my partner is also the same. Will we not be able to have a baby as we have the same blood type My partner have been having...

Chickens [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone raise chickens in town? I am allowed to have chickens in town so I am building a chicken coop. I ordered some Leghorns and Rhode Island reds. Would like to know any "tricks" or info regarding the best way to handle them. Thanks.

Having a baby [ 11 Answers ]

My boy friend and I are talking adout having kids after we get married but he has had a vasectomy so we are looking in to all the options I would just like to hear if any one have been in this situation and if so what options they were given so if any one has any sugestions we could use you opions

View more questions Search