Verify:

2-sec^2y
    cos2y= ----------
    sec^2y

Please help.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 10, 2011, 04:33 PM

It took a while for me to understand what you're asking, but I believe it's this:

The right hand side divides out like this:

One of the first things to do when presented with functions of secant, cosecant, cotangent etc is to convert them to their sine and cosine equivalents - that makes it much easier to handle. So the right hand side becomes:

Now hopefully you can see how it equals the left hand side: cos(2y).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Step-dad has been supporting step son after mom moved out and now want custody [ 3 Answers ]

I was with my step-son since he was 2 bio dad has only seen him a total of 48 hrs in 4 years, bio mom left step son with me and I have supported him by myself with out her for past year. I had to do paperwork so that he could go to school, provided medical and babysitting for him, now bio parents...

I have the manuel... I want ENGLISH step by step instructions on mp3/mp4 free music [ 3 Answers ]

As 4 answer... does not help. I have manual... I need step by step instruction in plain words . Not computor words that I don't understand /example /hit button that says... not feeds or something computor talk and words please from what I understand I might have 2 download music to netbook then to...

Step-Father Signed both Prenup and Postnup Agreements to Support Step-Child [ 6 Answers ]

My husband signed both a prenuptial and a post-nuptial agreement to educate, maintain and support my children, his step-children. My husband sued me and my children (his step-children) over the agreements several years back but changed his mind and signed a release of all claims, an agreed...

View more questions Search