Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wdrbbq Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 08:15 AM
    What steps do I have to go through to access wifi with an acer aspire 5517 laptop?
    The only way I can access the menu which shows available wifi connections on my Acer Aspire 5517 laptop is to click on Control Panel, then click on Network and Internet, then click on Connect to Internet, and then the menu showing available wifi connections appears. Isn't there an easier way?
    I have an Xirrus Wifi Monitor as a desktop gadget which allows me to see the connection options with one click, but everyone says I should be able to do it with an icon in the system tray. However, no one can find it.

Feb 18, 2011, 05:26 AM
    I found it through another forum. You right click on Start, click on Properties, click on Start Menu, click on Customize, click box that says Connect To, and save settings. Then click on Start and you will find Connect To in the Start Menu. From there you can drag and drop Connect To onto the desktop to create a one click desktop icon. Hopes this helps anyone who has the same question.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 18, 2011, 05:29 AM
    Actually it's even easier than that.

Normally there's a network icon in the system tray to show connection status.
    You may have to enable it, but then everything can be accessed by right clicking it.

Really depends on your OS.

Feb 18, 2011, 05:38 AM
    Curlyben: That's what I thought also, as well as everyone I spoke with about the question. However, when I click on the arrow in the system tray in Windows 7 and then click on customize I find that it isn't in the menu. There's nothing to activate.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 18, 2011, 05:41 AM
    In Win7 click on the link that says Turn System Icons On or Off, that should re-enable the networking one as well as power, volume, action centre, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to activate gateway wifi router with acer aspire 5517? [ 11 Answers ]

Have the dreaded feeling I've overlooked something very basic. I'm also thinking that the Acer Aspire 5517, Win7, part of this question may be important because I've tried to follow a couple step-by-steps and the instructions start differing from what my software presents. --Tom

Resetting the password on a acer aspire 6930g laptop [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have been given an acer aspire 6930g laptop but unfortunely it has the old user's password left on it which I do not know,is there any way of bypassing the login screen?

Acer aspire 1413 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all Can someone please help. I am trying to recoverer my acer aspire 1413 however when I put in the second recovery disk I get a message that states (cannot open image file X:\images\60ea1012.ghs. I suspect my disc is faulty. Please help Paulw1200

Acer aspire one. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey folks,first,happy new year to you all!! OK,just got an acer aspire one,what a nightmare! It came with mcafee security,so I got rid of that and installed avast,then the problems came,the thing will not work at all,I've got all my icons on desktop but nothing works,I deleated avast but its...

Acer Aspire 5920 Laptop. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have been having a lengthy discussion about laptops in another post and I have come to the decision that I am going to buy this laptop. However I'm just wondering is there anyone here that has this laptop? Or a laptop that betters it for the same price? Thanks a lot.

View more questions Search