Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alysha13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 10:55 PM
    Love.. And how to move on..
    How do you mend a broken heart? How do you get over the fact that you will never be with that one certain person again who use to be your everything? How do you stop looking back, thinking "if I had just done this one thing.." or "if I hadn't done that.."? How do you stop thinking about all you use to have, and all you could have had with that one person? How do you get to that point where you can look at them again and not feel so overwhelmed by the memories and the good times? How do you stop thinking about them 24/7? How do you fall out of love, I guess is what I'm really asking. How can you be happy again?
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2011, 08:19 AM

TIME--TIME---and yes more TIME.

Unfortuantely there is no magic button to push to take away all your pain and suffering. All we can do on this site is guide, because we have been where you are right now. We know the pain is so intense that you feel that your suffocating. However, we also know that you can heal, not overnight it may take months, sometimes even longer, but you do heal and go on with your life.

Believe it or not most have found through this healing that they have grown as individuals. They have found the strength within themselves to walk with their head held high for they have achieved the inner peace and admiration that most never truly get too.

One thing learned is that they never again rely on another person for their personnel happiness, that comes from within ourselves.

Its time to mourn your loss and get on with your life. Go totally NO CONTACT--this means blocking contact by phone,text,computer,etc.. Tell friends that you want NO updates on this person. When you get out don't go to places he will be.

Its your time to heal and grow. Do things that will help keep you occupied. Do volunteer work, a new class, volunteer at woman's shelter, etc. Get out with friends!

Take care
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 10, 2011, 08:40 AM

answerme_tender covered it: "Time + no contact"

Check out the no contact related threads in my signature.
    Alysha13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 11:52 AM
    How do I keep no contact with this person if they are in two of my classes? I see them almost everyday.. And, on top of that, my best friend is best friends with them. The three of us were all best friends, before the break-up.. And, to be honest, I don't really want to have no contact with them, I want to be friends with them again, and maybe even best friends again, someday.. How do I do that?
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2011, 12:23 PM

Once again the answer to your question is TIME. You have to give all the individuals time to heal and realize that this isn't the end of the world and life goes on, that is including yourself. I will give you heads up, being friends with your ex is not always an easy road to take especially since your saying BEST friends. Best friends DO NOT deliberately hurt each other by going out with the others boyfriends!!

Maybe you need to find some different friends, that know the real meaning of friendship. After sometime perhaps you can be acquaintances with the so-called friends after you have given yourself time to heal.

Take care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I move on and find love again? [ 3 Answers ]

So my ex broke up with me over 5 months ago. I loved here dearly and was devistated when she broke up with me. I did all the wrong things for 4 months after the break up. I kept in contact with her a lot and I acted extremely needy and desperate. It, of course, pushed her away and ended up hurting...

How can I move on from a recent love? [ 3 Answers ]

My first love and I dated some three years ago for about 12 months. When he moved away, we continued our relationship long distance for about three months before realizing it was pretty pointless to do so from halfway across the country. We have remained very, very close friends and I simply...

In love with a girl but need to move on [ 1 Answers ]

Well I made a topic here back in the day about a girl I really liked from work. Well she has someone already and it was pretty hard to accept that but I did. But the problem is, I find it so hard to like anyone else because all I think about is her. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever met...

I still love my ex-boyfriend.but should I move? [ 5 Answers ]

*REALLY LONG! * id apprecaite if you can read all. Thanks. My ex-boyfriend and I dated for 4 months. I have known him for 7 months. We were a very good couple at first, I cared for him a LOT. However, during the first month of us dating, I cheated on him. I told him, and we broke up. We didn't...

I still love my ex, don't want to move on. [ 39 Answers ]

So we dated for 2 years and 3 months (today), and 2 weeks ago she decided that she wanted to break up because she wanted to be 'alone'. I was absolutely shocked, we were so great together. I thought, and still think that she is my soul mate. So a bit of background, we meet and hit it off...

View more questions Search