Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 7, 2003, 11:34 AM
    Referee Bias and Unnecessary Interference
    After watching the Ruiz vs Jones fight, I can't help but wonder why more clearcut restrictions aren't placed on how a ref can interfere with fighters. Obviously Nady was pro Jones and anti Ruiz as was evident by his constant shouting at Ruiz, constantly preventing Ruiz from following his game plan, and permitting Jones to hit low and hold behind the neck with BOTH hands.

Since HBO ppv fans don't pay to see a biased ref vs a fighter, it is really a disservice to all ppv customers to permit such blatant referee interference.

Is there any possibility of more stringent control over such referee abuse of power?

superman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2004, 01:37 AM
    I can only forsee more strict requirements set forth by the WBA on aspiring referee's before they are allowed to work a fight. I'm sure the WBA looked into/investigated the fight, as many believed the fight belonged to Ruiz. We can only hope thing like this won't happen in the future.

HOPE THIS HELPS!
    Jahiem28 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jul 29, 2004, 04:21 PM
    Ha ha ha you have got to be kidding John ruiz is one of the dirtest fighter in boxing. If the referee is allowing a figher to get away with things then u got to used your ring experience. This fight was not even close. Jones clearly won the fight outright period!! ;D
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Mar 22, 2006, 08:54 PM
    Nady was out of line period!
    Jones hit low and repeatedly clinched behind the neck and Nady said nothing.
    Neither do you say anything about it--right?

If indeed you call cliinching a dirty tactic when Ruiz does it, why is it that you
    Don't call it a dirty tactic when Ali did it? Or when Jones did it? Or when Jack Johnson, the biggest clincher in boxing history did it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HamptonBay fan remote control interference [ 1 Answers ]

I have just installed 2 Hampton bay fans/light fixture in 2 rooms with remote controls and I have run into odd problem. Each remote seems to be controlling both the light cum fan combo in both the rooms. Which means if I turn off one light using the remote, the light for other room also turns off...

View more questions Search