Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deepika01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 12:23 PM
    How to convince parents for love marriage
    Hi All,
    Me and my boyfriend are in a relationship for last 2.5 years. We were thinking that we would be able to convince our parents... and so did we planned that when he goes to india he will convince in a smoothly manner. But things tuned out to be very worst. They accused him as a characterless person. Also the problem is I am elder to him by 1 year, and I belong to a marathi brahmin family and he is a reddy guy. His parents say that if he marries me then how will his brother get married? Also everyone will laugh at them. All emotional drama is created by his parents. They have removed him from their house saying we don't want to see your face. He is mentally disturbed like anything. He loves me so much that he don't want to leave me but now after seeing all this he's feeling bad for his parents. Please tell us what should be done.
    marie32 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 08:40 AM
    I know you two love each other but if your parents feel you should not be together maybe you shouldn't be. I know is seems horrible to think about breaking up and that your and his parents may be right. If you did get married and have children think about your children, they wouldn't have real grandparents if your and his parents don not agree upon the marriage. It seems hard now and it will be for a while but eventually in the future you will realize that it was for the best. Parnets are a lot smarter than their kids usually think. Just focus on your future not the present. All may become clear then. Best wishes!
    lonely2010 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Feb 13, 2011, 07:25 AM

Maybe Time could.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2011, 03:25 PM

I think you should seek the counsel of an older, wiser, man of faith that both families respect, and see if he has counsel for you. With both families against this, then you must decide as a couple which path to follow.

Parents can be very stubborn, and dramatic when children do not follow the path that they wish them to.

Good luck.
    Neha13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2011, 09:15 AM

I don't understand how parents could do this to their own children. Its better not to give birth if they want to rule their kids' life
    khwajahashmi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 07:27 AM
    Look do 1 thing marry suddenly and jump in your parents leg or get 1 kid ASAP. Kids are always weak point for parents. I will pray you people succeed
    Regards
    khwajahashmi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 07:29 AM
    I think you should get married (if your parents don't kill you), then just keep quite for an year. Let things calm down. Once they are calm tell your parents. Would be better if you just tell you have a kid. Because parents love kids...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince parents for love marriage? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello Friends, I am a Punjabi-gujjar boy and I am in love with a Punjabi-Brahmin girl since the year 2004. Our situation is very different from that of a simple inter-cast love marriage. Please read carefully, understand the situation and then suggest something really effective. In the year 2007...

How-convince-parents-love-marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am yuvaraj,I have a problem *** read carefully and tell good sugestion. Past 11 years I love with one girl. Both are very thickest lovers. I am very much loves her. In my parents accepted my love, but her parents not accepted . Why they are not accepted means both are same caste but 3 year...

How to convince parents for love marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am a brahmin girl and I am in love with a khayasth boy since 3 years but my parents are not ready for it and every time behaving like I am the most bad girl in country and always said that if I will not marry with a brahmin guy they will suicide due to social factor because I am from a...

View more questions Search