Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2011, 07:33 AM

Add solute, dilute to the mark and you know the amount of solute and the amount of solution. In other words you know the concentration. With moles per gram you know the molality, but this is a narrowly useful unit,(as far as I remember its only used for freezing and boiling point work.) And 3 mol/18g and .167 mol/g are WAY to concentrated for the real world, (That's 58.5g 0f NaCl in 18ml of water. It will be a paste, not a solution!
    Great!

In short, molarity is mol/dm^3 or mol/L and molality is mol/g. (just to confirm)

And yes, I suspected it was no more a solution but a paste now, hence my side note to disregard solubility :)

Except that now... I can't leave a 'thumbs up' or 'greenie' to a comment =/...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I standardize unknown hcl solution [ 1 Answers ]

How can I standardize unknown hcl solution

What is the molarity of a hydrochloric acid solution that contains 19.8 g HCl in 100. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the molarity of a hydrochloric acid solution that contains 19.8 g HCl in 100? How many moles of sodium ions are there in a sample of salt water that contains 4.19?

What is the molarity of a solution that contains 17 g of NH3 in 0.50 L of solution [ 1 Answers ]

What is the molarity of a solution that contains 17 g of NH3 in 0.50 L of solution

Hcl+h2bo3-=? [ 1 Answers ]

Please help with this question asap

Al+hcl [ 1 Answers ]

In a single displacement reaction 9.23g of Al react with exist hydrochloric acid.how many grams of hydrogen will be produce?

View more questions Search