Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adamhoop26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 08:59 AM
    I need to link a sheet name as a cell, not as 'sheet1'. Is there a way to do this?
    I have the sheet name linked to a cell in each sheet, and the top row of my table is pulling that same cell. Now I want to be able to link all the columns in my table to that top row, instead of listing 'Sheet1'E11, 'Sheet2'E11, etc in all of the cells below. This is a large table, and will need to be sorted - would be much easier to handle if on the top row needed to be sorted and all other cells would recalculate...
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 12:50 PM

Show us what you're referring to by posting a desensitized sample workbook. Then ask your question a little more clearly, I'm not getting your query.

Click GO ADVANCED and use the paperclip icon to post up a desensitized copy of your workbook.
    adamhoop26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 01:58 PM
    I found my answer in a different thread. My need was to use include the worksheet name in a formula by referencing a cell, not typing out the entire sheet name in every cell.

Here is the link to the answer I found:
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Excel-1059/worksheet-name-formula.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Create a link in a pdf file for open an Excel file in an specific sheet and cell [ 2 Answers ]

I know how to create a hyperlink in a pdf file that opens an Excel file but I don't know how this link can opens the Excel file in a specific sheet and cell; any ideas?

Link spread sheets sheet 1 to sheet 2 , 2 to sheet 3 [ 4 Answers ]

I have attach what I have done on the site. What I need to do is link all of the data from sheet one to sheet 2. All I have found so far is how to link one cell to the other cell. In sheet 1 I have af 3 to af 699 . I need to bring all that data to sheet 2 to (d3 to d24) Sheet 2 will link into...

Link masterlist from Sheet to Sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to create a master list of names in one sheet so that when you add or delete rows or columns in the masterlist the other sheets that use this masterlist will automatically add or delete the changes? How would I copy this list. I tried to link it as a formula but that didn't...

View more questions Search