Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fisk Posts: 147, Reputation: 5

Feb 9, 2011, 04:37 AM
    Groin injury, pain when walking
    Yesterday I was running to catch the underground, and I suddenly felt pain near my pubic bone and down the inside of the thigh. I thought it was just a momentary strain, but then it continued all through my gym class (which I foolishly attended). When I came back home, it hurt like hell, and it wouldn't stop hurting even when I wasn't moving. I woke up feeling less pain, but it's still there, and I feel pain even while sitting on this desk writing on my computer. When I touch it it's like there's a bruise there.

Pulled muscle, yes. I need to rest, and put ice. But do I need to go to a doctor? It's not like they can do anything, just diagnose it.

I feel so stupid pulling such a muscle when I wasn't even doing any physical exercise!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 04:46 AM

Stay away from strenuous exercise for a week or so, fisk, but I guess you already know that. If this discomfort continues for more then 2 weeks, I would see your physician and have it diagnosed. A pulled muscle in that area will impact your hip joint as well, as you favour that side to lessen the pain. I would take an over the counter pain med, such as Advil to lessen the discomfort.

Tick

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Left sided groin pain + dizziness and infrequent chest pain [ 1 Answers ]

I started having pain in the left side of my groin yesterday, it's painful to sit, walk, stand and then today I took my mom to church and during church I had dizziness and severe chest pain. I was able to drive us home luckily, I had another episode of the chest pain when we got to her house and...

ED and groin pain [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 33 yr old male and recently I have been having the problem of getting and sustaining erections. I noticed every time when I have an erection, my right groin hurts a bit and the pain doesn't go away until maybe 5 minutes after the erection attempt. And even when I have an erection, it goes...

Groin pain [ 1 Answers ]

For the last month I have been aware of a pain in my left groin whenever I carry pull or push anything. However in the last week when walking and putting weight on my left foot it has become significantly more painful. Any ideas?

I have a pain in my left groin [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pain in my left groin, is it serious

View more questions Search