Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linmaries1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 11:21 PM
    Toilet leak ,3rd floor to 2nd floor ceiling.
    Was told that I would have to build a 6 inch platform to place toilet high enough to get adaquate flow to prevent this. Is this valid or does anyone else have a better plan. Floors,pipes , toilet all new install to existing. 3 years.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 17, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by linmaries1
    Was told that I would have to build a 6 inch platform to place toilet high enough to get adaquate flow to prevent this. Is this valid or does anyone else have a better plan. Floors,pipes , toilet all new install to exisiting. 3 years.
    You'll have to explain this a little better. Why would you have to platform a toilet to get "adequate flow" to prevent what? Please explain and this time give us more details. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile leak from 3rd floor through 2nd floor ceiling (bath) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All: We renovated our third floor bathroom which included stripping the floor down and installing tiles (1" squares within 1' blocks). After our 3rd floor tenant takes long showers we get some leakage through her floor and thusly through our ceiling (which we now have partially open to have...

Water leak at floor near toilet mounting bolts [ 2 Answers ]

We noticed occasional water seepage on floor near one of the mounting bolts. I assumed it was a faulty wax seal, so, we removed the toilet bowl, and replaced the seal. We thought the matter was resolved, but, then we observed that especially when there is weight on the toilet, water gushes from...

2nd floor bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Wanted to add a 2nd floor bathroom. I have a 4" DWV from roof to first floor bath. The whole house is on a slab. Needed to know if I can tie into the 4" pipe for the toilet,sink and shower on the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor toilet is right above the first floor toilet. I here stories that when I...

2nd Floor Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a new Shower/Sink in a 2nd floor bathroom. I am not familiar with plumbing code (I am more of a fixitup guy) and wanted to know if the plumbing that existed when I tore up the floor is to code, and if my new layout will create problems. Would it be easiest to take pictures and post...

New 2nd Floor 1/2 bath [ 3 Answers ]

I own a 1942 bungalow with a single 1st floor bathroom. I would like to add a 1/2 bath to the 2nd floor. The vent from the basement/1st floor passes through the upstairs bedroom. The stack is behind a plaster 'bump out' on an exterior wall that is about 16" wide and 3" deep. Whether I do the...

View more questions Search