Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arle Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2011, 09:41 PM
    Ex has been contacting me lately and now I am confused..
    My ex and I have been broken up for a 1 1/2 years. My ex has been sending me txts/emails every month or two saying that she was thinking about me and often ends 'im glad we're in touch'. The only time I have initiated contact with her was during the new year where I wished her a happy n-year.

She recently contacted me on chat saying that she was thinking about me. We were having a conversation where she just randomly signed off. I don't know if there was a problem with the connection but we haven't spoken since (2 weeks ago).

I'm a bit afraid of initiating contact with her as she was the one that pretty much walked out on our relationship which forced me to end it. I was in NC with her for 6-months. We have begun talking again for the past couple months and she always talks to me as if she still has feelings for me. The only thing I really want to hear from her though is to admit her wrongdoings and apologize. I really loved this girl but the way our relationship ended (lies and incapacity to be straight-forward/honest with me) has me second guessing letting her back into my life. Any thoughts?
    Ithappenstoall Posts: 363, Reputation: 37

Feb 9, 2011, 12:50 AM

I understand what you mean. Ask her why she is contacting you again or ask yourself first wha tyou want? If you realize that after all this time she is starting to affect you than leave
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2011, 01:04 AM

It sounds to me that this gal is contacting you when she's lonely. It also sounds like she is in a relatioship with someone else. In fact, my guess is that when things go wrong in her present relationship, she contacts you. If I were you I would not respond to any contact at all (and don't call, text, write, email, etc.). It's over. Keep it that way or you will probably get hurt again. An apology or an admission of wrong-doing on her part will not make any difference in the world. Deep inside you just want what you thought you had. Let it go... you didn't have it... you won't have it with this gal.

Hugs, Didi
    BBKittyKat Posts: 29, Reputation: 12

Feb 9, 2011, 02:29 AM
    I agree with Didi. It seems this girl is contacting u when she's lonely. If u shared a relationship before, no doubt she will miss u. But since she was the one who walked out on the relationship and have not clearly stated her intentions for getting back together, don't get your hopes up high. Chances are, she misses u but not as much as wanting a relationship with u. If u still love her, take it slow. Let her say what she wants to say. You may initiate talk on a friendly level. Take it slow. Take it from the beginning where u started as friends, and if you two have the chemistry, love will work its wonders. =) Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 07:44 AM

Why do you even bother letting her draw you into this drama? Simply ignore her texts, or delete them block her calls, what ever it takes to break contact. You are not going to get an apology, or anything else to make you feel better about dumping her. So keep her out of your life, and she will get the hint to not bother you with her crap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex keeps contacting me [ 6 Answers ]

My ex broke it off with me over 7 months ago. He has been keeping in touch with me like calling or texting me just asking how I am doing and if anything new is happening. About a month ago he a got girlfriend and now the last couple of times he called he said his girlfriend is not good at messing...

He's contacting me after he says he needs to 'get away' [ 4 Answers ]

we dated for a couple months. Had a great connection( could have fun and also be serious... had similar morals/values/family background)... he moved it pretty quickly... made me a little nervous, but I went with it. Then, he said that it was too much too soon... that he needed to think and 'get...

Contacting her [ 3 Answers ]

2 weeks ago, my girlfriend of a year and a half broke it off. It was the day after I told her I had been shopping for a ring. The previous number of months she has been feeling insecure, but we made it through and I told her that I would see her through anything. She said she loves me and we had...

Should I keep on contacting my ex [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on a break with my ex for a month she said she just wasn't ready for a serious relationship like we were having she is 22 I'm 28 we have been together 3 1/2 years. I have been in contact with her I am the one who has been calling and messagig noing that is wrong she still seems a bit...

Why is she Contacting me? Help [ 7 Answers ]

Ok here's the dirt: After 5-months of being broken up w/no contact, My Ex-girlfriend of 2-years just contacted me through AOL instant mesenger w/voice. This is what she said, "Nothing's changed. I have been thinking about you lately and was wondering how you were doing. Have your mom and her...

View more questions Search