Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crazyone1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 07:42 PM
    I wish I knew how he felt about me...
    I am kind of reserved where I don't feel comfortable asking someone how they feel about me. I have been seeing my neighbor for over a year, but we don't have a "title" and I don't know what I am to him. He do a lot of things together, I have met his family and friends and we do things with them. I spend the night at his house more than mine. I fell in love with him about 6 months ago, but haven't said anything to him about my feelings. I will be divorced in 2 weeks, so I'm hoping that is what he is waiting for. He texts me everyday, even on days I'm not going to see him. We have vacationed together and have a good time out or in. It's the not knowing that is driving me crazy. Am I a transition woman for him (he was divorced two years ago and I am the first female since and he was very hurt). I don't want to be friends with benefits and we seem way more than that, I just don't know. Thoughts?
    brit_h Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2011, 08:10 PM
    Well it sounds like you all are a couple?? You said that you don't want to be friends with benefits... well from what I know if a guy wants just the benefits from you, he wouldn't take you out that much in public especially to meet the family. My advise would be to let him know how you truly feel! If you all have been going out like that, he shouldn't be surprised about how you feel! Hope I helped you! :-)
    BBKittyKat Posts: 29, Reputation: 12

Feb 9, 2011, 03:12 AM
    Sounds like things are progressing pretty naturally and smoothly! :) It sounds as though you have something serious going on here, but the only way to know for sure is to ask. Most guys will give their girl a status because they want to be exclusive. But maybe he feels like u are already part of the family and feels no need for 'status'es?

U mentioned that u will be divorced in 2 weeks? So have patience and wait until then. If by then there is no progress, pluck up the courage and ask him whether he's serious about u and where he thinks the relationship is headed. Tell him gently that u are concerned and confused as he has not given u a status, and being fresh out of a divorce, u want to start afresh. U want a guy who is reliable and u do not want to waste time playing the guessing game. In the meantime, u can try talking to his friends and family and find out how he feels about u.

It is your future, so when u got to ask, be brave and do it! :) If he loves u, he wouldn't mind u asking. In fact, if he was struggling on how to pop the question, he'll be so glad that u asked. Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 08:25 AM

It's a big red flag when you date a guy for a year and can't talk to him. That's not reserved, that's FEAR! You better get over it, and learn to talk to your date, partner, whatever he is, and get the plan straight before you end up going down a path that you didn't intend to with someone you really should have checked out better. You can only do that through talking, in a language you both can understand.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2011, 10:55 AM

I agree with TAl--you need to get over YOUR problem with be open with your man. IF you can sleep with him, eat with him, go out in public with him, meet his family--then for the love of pete step up as his woman and simply tell him that you hope he thinks of this relationship as more then friends with benefits. Let him know that you care for him and want to know what his thoughts are pertaining to you and him.

Listen if he act hesitant or doesn't want to talk about it or even states that he isn't ready for a relationship, Then you know he is just using you for a booty call and a convenient girlfriend. But at least give him a chance to be man enough to answer you questions.

Take care
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 11:25 AM

Though I agree that it's a big red flag for not having a better communication system by now, after a year of dating, I would say that maybe you can wait until your divorce is final before making anymore decisions going forward.

Once your divorce is final, I strongly suggest that you talk things out with him so that you both know where you stand going forward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shouders felt heavy, neck felt been pressed, fingers shaking automatically , WHY ? [ 1 Answers ]

My niece recently felt her neck been pressed (but actually nobody nearby ), and her shoulders felt heavy, as if there is some heavy loads on her shoulders. Sometimes fingers of her right palm shake automatically... What's wrong with her ?

You never knew you never knew. [ 8 Answers ]

I am not too sure if this is the right spot for this question, but I will give it a shot. My best friend and I have been having this debate that has lasted over 2 years. It is litteraly silly, but a bit thought provoking. One day we were watching Pocahuntas and the song Colors of The Wind...

I wish I knew what I wanted [ 4 Answers ]

OK so I've been in my relationship for the past 5 1/2 years. Id say the first 2 1/2 years seemed perfect to me although I was only 17 when we met and weren't looking for a relationship at that point, here I am all this time later. We live together, and id say for the past two years I've been...

I wish I knew [ 4 Answers ]

I am 22 yrs old. I have a wonderful 2 yr old (yes I am married). I have been trying to get pregnant now for about 3 months. No luck. I cannot figure out why I am not pregnant by now since I concived my son first time around.I only took birth control after my son for a month back in April my son was...

Wish I knew... [ 2 Answers ]

All readings appreciated. I fell hard for this gentleman at work. Can anyone tell me if he has developed strong feelings for me too?

View more questions Search