Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    astrt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Can't assign letter to hard drive
    Today I reformatted my "c" drive and reinstalled Windows XP,Home, SP2. I had saved all my files to a second hard drive already on the computer. The second hard drive shows up in BIOS, Device manager and disk management. In disk management it has no letter, just the name I gave it before. It was the G drive. It also shows up as basid,healthy and active. When I right click the icon, the "change drive letters and path is grayed out. When I went to the command prompt to DISKPART it didn't show up as a volume, the C drive and optical drives did show up. HELP. What do I do now??
    frost110 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Partition Magic 8.0 would be a good start. Awesome program I never looked back after I bought it, well worth the money.

--FrosT
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 5, 2007, 02:32 PM
    The partition is probably hidden. Use a program such as partition Magic to unhide it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Win 2003: Permanent drive letter 4 removable drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have set up a backup system on Windows 2003 Server using 2 hot-swap removable drive drawers with hard drives in them. I have a pair of backup drives for each day of the week, with one drive imaging the OS partition and the other drive imaging the data partition. The system is working beautifully...

Drive letter not showing [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a hard disk of 10 gb. When I connect it in IDE 2, it gets detected in bios. But it is not showing the drive letter in my computer. Only the IDE 1 Hard disk drives letters are seen. Tell me what should be done to get the data from that hard disk. I am wating to you are reply. ...

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB hard drive, recognized but no volume letter [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a USB External Hard Drive. But when I plug it into my laptop and Desktop computers, both running Win XP Pro, the system recognized it immediately And there is an "Safely remove Hardware" icon shown on the right bottom. But I can not find out the drive volume letter for this USB...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

View more questions Search