Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bing1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 04:57 PM
    Can glade clean linen spray cause false positive EtG test?
    I have read that Glade Clean Linen spray has roughly 1/6 the ethanol contained in Purell Hand Sanitizer. I know that hand sanitizer has been known to cause false positives in EtG testing for alcohol. Is there any chance that spraying of Glade Clean Linen spray could show up as a positive test result if sprayed every other day or so?

PS hypothetically, if one was to spray it every other day (but not the day of the test) would it produce high enough levels of ethanol in the urine to warrant a positive result?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2011, 07:30 PM

Any product that contains ethanol poses a danger. Hand sanitizers have drawn a lot of attention because it was a specific study. Hand sanitizers have since been used as a diversionary tactic. As example, where the ethanol based hand cleaners are used most frequently is in hospitals. Other sanitizing agents pose an equal or greater threat than the hand cleaners.

Lysol, room deodorizer, for instance is 80% ethanol... Aerosolized ethanol. You couldn't inhale more liquor if you were operating a still.

So don't labor under the misconception that if you avoid hand sanitizers you will be OK. There are over 2600 household products that contain from 10-83% ethanol.

The Household Products Database operated by National Institutes of Health (NIH) you can get a general idea of the number of products that contain ethanol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can non-alcoholic beer make you test positive on an ETG test? [ 3 Answers ]

I had 1 non-alcoholic beer 96 hours before and 1 non-alcoholic beer 72 hours before an ETG alcohol test. I weigh 122lbs and am 5 ft 3 in good health. I was applying for a new job and wasn't aware that you had to pass an ETG test. I know there isn't much alcohol in these but heard it can be...

Flase-positive results on the EtG test for alcohol [ 4 Answers ]

I have Schizoaffective Disorder, and my Doctor told me I could have a few beers here and there and it would not hurt anything, but around Christmas I got pulled over for doing one of those "rolling stop" things coming home. They said I didn't act drunk and were going to let me go home, if I could...

If I drink this upcoming Friday, would I test positive on an ETG test on Monday? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm really leaning towards just not drinking (which sucks considering it's the holidays), but I'm curious as to if I were to be randomly tested on Monday, and I drank on Friday, would I test positive on an ETG test? I don't want to violate my probation but I was told I would fail if I drank at all,...

False positive on a drug test! [ 4 Answers ]

So my boyfriend is on probation and he failed his last drug test due to a poppy seed muffin... Now they are making him call in every day to see if he has to come in and take another one. His probation officer told him he is going to be on it until August 31, which is a major problem. It's a...

View more questions Search