Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 8, 2011, 02:54 PM
    Process Explorer shows www-13-04-snc04.facebook.com?
    We use Process Explorer on our Citrix XenApp Server to monitor IE usage/websites/activities/locked apps etc...
    We have come across some users having IE open with an address of
    Www-13-04-snc04.facebook.com

Now, I am not entirely sure if this is actually facebook.com or perhaps a website with a Facebook IFRAME or something along that line...

Since Facebook is not condoned while at work (we currently don't block it) I am trying to figure out what this address is...

I googled it and the only things returned are DNS Information about the address... nothing really about what it is, etc...

Does anyone have any ideas?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 8, 2011, 08:27 PM

If that is the correct address as you have posted it could it be an IP6 address that is returned?

The internet is starting to switch over and not everyone uses the new ip6.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 15, 2011, 03:14 PM
    Face book has not as of yet tried an IP 6 roll out, but there is an IP 6 day set for next month I think when Facebook Google and others will try for a day.
    The address appears to be a bridge to the HTML chat component of Facebook.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer status bar shows "waiting for." message, page doesn't load [ 9 Answers ]

This has been happening for some time, it seems to fix itself but it pops up just when I need to find something on the web, for example. Basically, I start my Internet Explorer, it shows in the address bar my homepage, and my status bar immediately show up the "waiting for" message.sometimes, it...

Can't load Facebook in internet explorer [ 2 Answers ]

I can go to several sites, but when I try to get into Facebook it gives the top banner then locks up. Anyone have any suggestions?

Can't use Explorer on Facebook? It says incompatible web browser. [ 2 Answers ]

But I just up graded to Explorer 7? Anyway the newest one. It happened with my prior system, it made me download foxfire to access my face-book, and I hate it. Anyway I have a warning in my computer that keeps telling me that I have an invalid image... It says C:\WINDOWS\system32\gvmrotate.dll is...

View more questions Search