Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjay84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 01:27 PM
    Farm fresh eggs? Do they need to be in a refigerator?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 8, 2011, 01:28 PM
    Nope, but cool is good.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2011, 07:34 PM
    How long are you planning keeping them out? All eggs should be refrigerated, it won't hurt them.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 8, 2011, 08:32 PM

According to the American Egg Board (no really there is one) raw eggs must be chilled down to 40 degrees. This prevents the formation of samoella and other unhealthy bacteria from forming.
    mjay84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 08:38 PM
    The farmer that I bought them from said I don't have to put them in the fridge. It sounded a bit funky to me and I never had farm fresh eggs so I thought to ask. I already put them away but it made me curious. Thank you for your help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 8, 2011, 08:43 PM

Half of the farmers are wrong 50% of the time
    arsummerdaisy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 03:29 PM
    Yes, the Farmer who raised the chicken and gathers the eggs everyday is wrong, that is why farmers have been doing this for hundreds of years and been healthy. And the suit and tie college people are so right because they read a book.You do not have to put them in the fridge unless they have already been. Do not wash a Farm fresh egg until right before you cook it if you choice to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long do farm fresh eggs keep? [ 19 Answers ]

We got a dozen eggs from our neighbor, his father's chickens had produced more than they could all use. I'm wondering how long I can expect them to last - and how long is too long for keeping them. Also, is there a way to tell when an egg has gone bad? Thank you!

Are farm fresh eggs more watery than store bought eggs? Is the yolk a pale yellow? [ 2 Answers ]

I buy my eggs from a local farmer. But the white is runnier than the ones I buy at the store and the yolks are pale yellow almost white. Does that mean he's storing them or that he's feeding them something different.

Hotpoint refigerator [ 2 Answers ]

OK I will try and give as much info as possible. I have a hot point refigerator Model # CTX14CABJRWW. The unit does not cool. Compressor does not come on at all. I direct tested the compressor and it ran fine. I ohmed out the relay 2.12 ohms. I advanced the defrost cycle and the fans came on. I am...

Farm Fresh Eggs [ 1 Answers ]

What is the shelf life of farm fresh eggs as opposed to store bought eggs?

Farm fresh eggs [ 1 Answers ]

How long can washed farm fresh eggs be kept at room temperature?

View more questions Search