Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phoenix5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 11:11 AM
    How many junction boxes should you have for electrics.
    Lights gone out upstairs baffled as to where the problem is as there is power going to them when tested
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2011, 11:15 AM
    The lights do not work?

But there is power at the fixture?

Please describe your problem and what the situation is better.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2011, 07:42 PM
    You don't "need" junction boxes. "power is going to them when tested" Where did you test the power? Switch box? Ceiling box? If every light is out, Look for a tripped breaker or a disconnected power feed wire. We don't know how your house was wired. You may have a disconnected common feed wire in a ceiling box that is being used as a junction box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many junction boxes? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Is it OK and safe to run a wire from the panel up to a junction box in the attic that runs wires to two rooms on one side of the house and then run a wire from that junction box to another junction box on the other side of the attic and power another room from that box? Basically, Is it OK...

Electrical- conduits and junction boxes [ 1 Answers ]

How many feet can I run (EMT)conduit straight before I have to use a junction box. Canadian Electrical Code.

Junction boxes [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings all, Is there any provision in the NEC that bans the use of junction boxes from use on the first floor of a residence? I've read through Article 314 and can't find any such limitation. Is there any exclusion that you know of?

Junction Boxes [ 2 Answers ]

Can I connect a "constant" power source to a "switch controlled" power source in the same junction box? I am putting power to the deck at the rear of my house. One line ( "switch controlled " ) is for the lights, and the " constant power ", is for a GFI, as I don't want to have the GFI tied...

Junction boxes in attic: can be facing up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. Can junctions boxes in an attic be facing up? Or do they need to be secured on their side, secured to a ledger board or something. Thanks! Also, is there an online source for the NEC? Thanks again.

View more questions Search