Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piggley Winks Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 11:08 AM
    Need to file tax for bank account interest under $10?
    I have a saving account with interest of under $10 in 2010. Do I need to include the interest I made with the bank account when I file tax for 2010? I know that it is not required for 2009 but I just want to make sure.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 04:09 PM
    Negative. Interest under $10 falls into the de minimus category and the IRS does NOT care if you report it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on bank account interest [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a nonresident for federal tax purposes, although I have lived in the US for more than a year, because I have excluded the days that I was here under J1 (my current status is H1B). I have the following questions: 1. Do I have to report the interest I gained from my US bank account on...

H4 tax bank interest [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am holding H4 visa which is valid from Dec 2009. In January 2010, I opened a checking account, shall I fill in the W-8BEN or W-9 form? Also, I received a $100 bonus from the bank which is awarded as interest. Shall I report it to IRS in my tax return?

Who file for interest in a joint account when filing separately [ 1 Answers ]

Who can file interests in a joint account when filing separately?

Federal tax on - bank interest [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was under OPT until Oct. 2007 and changed over to H1B from the beginning of Oct. 1, 2007. With regards to filing my federal tax returns for 1040-NR, I have a question about reporting bank interest income on my tax forms. I have received about $ 2000 as bank interest in 2007 and the...

Foreign Tax on you.S. Bank Interest [ 1 Answers ]

To Atlanta Tax Expert Thank You for your response

View more questions Search