Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marvinshuck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 10:10 AM
    Sears Lawn Tractor, 19.5 B&S engine, New Battery, won't start?
    Tractor is about 10 years old. Serviced regularly, also garaged. Just put a new Battery in. No click, when key is turned. Could be the seat safety switch, or?? Yes, I have new gas, cleaned the plugs, etc. I have it in neutral. Any suggestions? Is there another safety switch somewhere?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2011, 10:16 AM

Should be a brake switch a neutral switch and a seat switch
    Could be any of theses ,
    I would start by checking all connections ,ground and positive.
    Luck
    marvinshuck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 10:21 AM
    Comment on DG's post
    Thanks! Will check as recommended.
    SkyRoller Posts: 22, Reputation: 5

Mar 17, 2011, 03:59 PM

I had the same issue, it turned out to be a stick caught up on top of the deck so that the tractor thought the blades were engaged and therfor won't start. I removed the stick and walla it worked.
    playcentric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 11:35 AM
    Mine just continues with a crancking sound and won't start. Please help and thanks.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2011, 06:12 PM

playcentric what type of mower are you talking about ?
    playcentric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 08:24 PM
    Comment on DG's post
    It's Sears Lawn Tractor 917.252711

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor 17.5 HP B&S Engine [ 2 Answers ]

Had a bad starter motor replaced replaced start solenoid and magneto. Tractor will now start and run fine for 5 minutes. Or so then die. Won't restart. Also replaced battery and did a tune up. Checked fuel solenoid and it's not shorted or open. Battery is charging when tractor runs. This is...

Sears lawn tractor engine shuts down [ 2 Answers ]

Sears lawn tractor model 917-271815 Engine shuts down when blade is engaged or clutch is released, otherwise continues running as long as clutch is depressed and blade is not engaged. An interlock or other switch has apparently broken. Which part do you think it is? The schematic lists a bunch...

Sears lawn tractor won't start [ 10 Answers ]

I have a sears lawn tractor 917.258660 that won't start. The solenoid justs clicks. I replaced the battery, but that didn't help. The jumped the battery directly to the starter and the engine turned over fine - so I think I eliminated the battery and the starter as the problem. I then put a...

Sears lawn tractor won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Have seen multiple posts on this problem - each referencing checking the 3 safety switches. (when I try to start it sounds like the starter, starter checked out OK- sounds like it drags but won't start). Where are the 3 safety switches located and how do I check them ( explain simply since I'm a...

View more questions Search