Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nash711 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 09:43 AM
    Ambulatory surgery cost per sq ft cleaning?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 8, 2011, 09:59 AM

Normally hospital staff clean because they have to use universal precautions dealng with any type of human waste, blood, body parts. So they are obviously trying to outsource this work but you have to find out exactly what you will be cleaning up if you have no experience taking universal precautions. So the cost per square foot to clean in this environment is not available per se. I suggest you talk to someone who is already dealing with that type of clean up.

Tick
    nash711 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 10:44 AM
    Thank you for your information. I have a office building I am making a bid on. The building is 57,000 sq ft with only 1200 hospital area with ambulatory surgery center. I am trying to find what it will cost me to clean that area and have already figure out the chemicals to use. I have over bid, but the property manager is giving me another try.

Thank you
    Nash
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 16, 2011, 10:44 PM

Nash may I ask do you have any experience cleaning medical, especially surgical cleaning? It does require acute cleaning for everyone's safety including your own. There are high standards to be met.

We clean over 12 surgical centers with a lot of training for our staff to do this work the proper way, it can be dangerous.

With that said we to clean properly we charge approximately $0. 23 to $0.26 per square foot for these areas.

Do you know the federal standards (OSHA etc) for cleaning surgical? How to actually clean an O.R? It is different from regular medical cleaning.

Please Google surgical Operating Room cleaning.

Example; do you know what 'flooding' is?

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Office buildings cleaning cost per sq ft [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been in the cleaning business for 15 years and now I am adding office buildings to my list of cleaning. I like to know how much is the average cost per sq ft for cleaning buildings. The office area I am looking at is approx 1200 sq ft with 5 offices, and one lobby area. I will...

Cost of starting cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Felicia and I would like to know how much does it cost to start your own cleaning business. What are also some of the reasonable prices that you would charge for the service.Thanks a lot Felicia

Cost for simple oral surgery - extraction of tooth #31 [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the approximate cost to have oral surgery on tooth #31?

Typical Cataract Surgery Cost? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the typical out of pocket cost (no insurance coverage) of cataract surgery including the more expensive multifocus lens?

View more questions Search