Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosa21 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 05:01 PM
    Helpp!! 1
    On June 1, 2010, Sting Insurance Co. received $7,380 cash from Bere Co. for a one-year insurance policy. Sting Insurance Co. has an October 31 fiscal year end and adjusts accounts annually. Complete the following for Sting Insurance Co.

1) Prepare the June 1, 2010, journal entry.

June 1:
    I put Csah debit 7380
    Insurance revenue credit "i think!!"

2) Calculate the amount of revenue earned during 2010 and the amount unearned at October 31, 2010.

Amount of revenue earned during 2010: for revenue earned is 3075(7380*5/12=3075

Amount of revenue unearned at October 31, 2010: but I don't know how to get unearned revenue!

3)Prepare the adjusting entry required on October 31, 2010.

Dec. 31

for this one I'm confuse, I debit Insurance revenue amount 3075
    and credit cash amount3075
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2011, 12:46 PM

1. Debit cash for the amount received.
    Credit Unearned Insurance Revenue or Unearned Service Revenue (whichever account your company uses) for the amount received.

2. Debit your Unearned Revenue amount for the amount you calculated. Cost * 5/12
    Credit Insurance Revnue for the amount.

3. Simply take your Unearned Revenue amount from Jun 1 and subtract the revenue earned. Amount from step 1 minus the amount from step 2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helpp. [ 2 Answers ]

Symptoms: * Sleeping constantly, every chance I possibly can for the last few weeks. * Sore Throat (not bad, just irritated). * Nausea as of today. * Red Eyes, and Dialeted Pupils (again, as of today) * Had a chest cough since early October, turned into a mucus party, I cough up mucus, and its...

Hi everyone.HELPP with my DOG! [ 2 Answers ]

My 5 yr old 75 lb India has a watery eye, we cannot afford the vet at the moment... what do I do.

What can I do? I really want to helpp my mum [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is in the right place to post but it is essentially about my mum and dad and their marriage and situation, and I really need advice on what, if anything I can do to help? The background is as follows. I am the third of four children. My parents met in their 20s, got married...

F(x) helpp ! [ 1 Answers ]

some body explain this : f(x)=x²?

Please.I need Helpp :/ [ 4 Answers ]

Hi im danielle, So I like this kid in my school.. but I don't no if he likes me back.my friends say he likes me but I don't think so.They say he stares at me when I look away and when I turn he looks away and when I see in the hallway we make eye contact.its really confusing because his friend say...

View more questions Search