Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wallabee4 Posts: 294, Reputation: 19

Feb 7, 2011, 03:06 PM
    Where can a mom-type go to legitimately spent time with real men?
    Before being a wife & mom, I was an active volunteer firefighter. Gave that up over 10 years ago. Just can't do the physical now w/ prolapses I've had and can't do the 'jump when my pager goes off' when I'd have to get a babysitter first! Lately, I've been very very depressed as I really miss the comradary of the guys I used to run with. (Don't take into account old posts of mine. Most of the guys were great, a few losers among them... ) I work in an office job and it's mostly women and--sorry to 'profile here!--metrosexual type men. I miss the 'real' men. I volunteer at school and kids' sports, but there it is mostly women, too, and also the men there are all dads whose wives probably wouldn't appreciate me socializing with their husbands. I might chat with them while they are there but I'd dare never ask someone to coffee or go fishing or have a beer and play pool. Frankly, is there ANY WAY even as a married woman I can legitimately hang out with the guys like I used to? Husband works away from home. I am not considering an 'affair' I just miss the male socialization factor! I'm not a gossipy woman-type. Never was.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabee4 View Post
    I am not considering an 'affair' I just miss the male socialization factor!
    Hello w:

Oh. You should have said that at the beginning of your post.

excon

Feb 7, 2011, 03:28 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Sorry, excon, did I disappoint you?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 03:30 PM

Hello again, w:

Yeah...

excon

Feb 7, 2011, 03:41 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    That's the fun I miss...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Step Mom listens in on kids conversations with real Mom [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter who is 41 , lives with me, and is an alcoholic, but calls her children every night. I am always within hearing distance. The step Mom listens in and if she doesn't like the conversation or the question my daughter asks she hangs up the phone on them and won't answer the phone if my...

Known as grandma to be mom, and real mom to be sister! [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm 12 years old and last summer the "secret" came out. The whole Summer of 08 sucked "butt" every signal day my "mom" and "sister" fought. Now there fighting for mine and my other sister's love I still call my "grandma" mom just not around my "real" "mom". Its sooooo weird to be around them at...

View more questions Search