Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apacheprincess Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 02:57 PM
    How accurate is a ultrasound at 32 weeks for the conception date?
    How accurate is a ultrasound for the conception date if they tell me that I'm at least 32 weeks pregnant. When I count back the weeks something doesn't add up because I wasn't with anyone during that time. Just 3 weeks before and a week and a half after.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2011, 04:40 PM

Short answer is not that accurate. They tend to go on the size of the baby, but babies do vary, and that can affect the dates. Go by your last period and/or when you know you had sex.

Feb 8, 2011, 11:40 AM
    Comment on Eileen G's post
    @ Eileen G - I've always had irregular periods and not sure when my last one was I think it might have been the month before. But I'm concered to who the father is and which conception date to go by? I am a heavy set girl who has always been irregular.

Feb 8, 2011, 11:43 AM
    Comment on Eileen G's post
    Also I had just found out that I was pregnant in my 3rd trimester and I've read online that an ultrasound done in the 3rd timester can be off by 3 weeks either way. So does that mean it could be the guy from the 3 weeks before or the guy from the 1 week after? I'm so confused?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2011, 02:29 PM

In that case, I wouldn't try to guess who it was. Are you sure about the dates you had sex with the two different men? If they were a full month apart, then you can probably take an educated guess when the baby is born, depending on whether it looks a bit early or late. But trying to guess the father from the ultrasound is as reliable as tossing a coin.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 8, 2011, 02:49 PM

If this is a question of paternity there's only one way to know for sure, and that's a DNA test after the baby is born.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ultrasound at 39 weeks to check baby's size? How accurate? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so yesterday at my 38 week appointment the doc said that I'm 2 cm dilated but the baby is still at -2 station, so pretty much doesn't want to come out yet, but she was a little concerned about his size because when she palpates my abdomen she says he feels quite large. So she said she wants me...

How long after conception can a home pregnancy test give an accurate result [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having pregnancy symptoms very recently. However, my symptoms could also be due to stress or other conditions. I am hoping someone out there can tell me how long till I can take a pregnancy test. I no most tests will say to only use after a missed period, but as I am not due on for...

Ultrasound and conception [ 1 Answers ]

When you go for an ultrasound and they tell you e.g. 18 weeks and 1 day... do you count back from that day 18 weeks and one day? Is the date given here your conception date or do you have to take off two weeks I am getting confused with all this

4 1/2 weeks ultrasound [ 1 Answers ]

I will be about 4 1/2 weeks pregnant next week when I have my first US. Will they even be able to see a gestational sac?

View more questions Search